Jack Grealish

RayCTID

Phew. I did think for one minute we were considering a bid. Although I can't use his off field issues as an reason for not signing Grealish

paulchapo

I admire his loyalty to his local club of which he is also a fan, he just might regret it in a couple of years. He said he has been promised by the owners they are going to invest, but you are talking a good 300+ million to push them on to compete at the top level unless they are incredibly lucky in finding cheaper gems. Even then it would probably take a minimum 3-5 years depending on who they fetch in, by which time he will be 28-30. Apparently he now has a huge minimum transfer fee in his contract if a club comes in for him, I have no idea why players agree to such.

RayCTID

So what? All that indicates is he had more natural ability. He hung his boots up prematurely to live off the fat of the land. A Danny F Mills and Wayne Bridge clone...except with talent to waste.

Bale can still do a job and Real Madrid aren't doing themselves any favours with the situation. They are the ones who have handed him the contract in the first place

Last edited:

OccupiedPalestineBlues

Team supported
Manchester City FC
Miles better professional attitude than the likes of Bale and others...but still criticised by the no-marks who prize entitlement over all else.

I think Bale's being incredibly professional.

And anyway, with all due respect to a bloke with a title (and I do like a lot of your posts), please tell me what's unprofessional about Bale holding his client to the words of the contract that they both signed up to, as a legally binding promise made in full knowledge of the commitments appertaining to each?
Bale trains well, keeps extremely fit, maintains a low profile lifestyle, and he's a competitor, always wants to play.
So, as I see it, he's keeping his side of the bargain, he's being professional in spite of severe provocation from a client that's decided to do all it can to renege on it's professional commitments.

And I don't even like Bale.

paulchapo

Miles better professional attitude than the likes of Bale and others...but still criticised by the no-marks who prize entitlement over all else.

One is 25 and still ambitious and so far won nothing, the other is 31, coming to the end of his career and won and achieved a hell of a lot. Bale is at loggerheads with Zidane and his wages mean no club will probably be able to sign him. That isn't his fault. He is reportedly on £500,000+ a week. People say "He has enough money he should take a pay cut and leave." Would anyone here change jobs for half the pay, which is the most he could expect if he moved? He is quality but at 31 and with his injury record he would be a gamble at such a huge cost, so he's probably stuck at Madrid, unless the rags pay the money. Well they paid Sanchez £500,000 a week.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.