Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're basically making your predictions based on last year's final table?...Are you a talksport pundit!? ;-)

Once again, I'm not saying top 4 next season. We're looking to keep improving, though. I'd hope for top 7, if Jack has a full season, our young team keep improving, and we're not hammered by injuries in general.
It was initially based on the alphabet ;-)

To be honest, I don't see anyone in the league being able to challenge last year's top 4. We and the rags had a bad start due to how late the previous European matches had ended, yet were still comfortable in there. Chelsea look much better under Tuchel and, to be honest, if they're outside the top 4 come Xmas, he's gone anyway. Liverpool will be at least in there, probably doing better than last season unless they get someone breaking a toe nail - why does it always happen to them when other clubs don't suffer injuries?

Leicester were the ones I'm dubious about, as if Vardy has caught age disease, they're in trouble unless they buy another striker. They do have a knack of picking up foreigns for about £200k who then win player of the year though.

As for the others - Arsenal will be arsenal and will be having a personal scrap with Spurs that no one else cares about. Spurs will not be good enough with or without Kane unless they strengthen the squad, which I don't think they've got the cash to do. West Ham - depends if the owners decide to back Moyes or give him nothing and then complain when they're not challenging for the title, but suspect they'll be in the 5th-10th mix. There's the likes of Wolves with a new manager who are an unknown. For Leeds, depends if they can strengthen and no idea what their finances are like.

Villa are very much in that pack. A good season could be 5th or 6th. Is that enough for Grealish? What happens the season after, will you have enough to get top 4 then or does he have to wait longer? A commitment to compete in the cups might be enough to keep him happy (something so many mid-table teams seem to avoid for some reason). You made a final 18 months ago, so Smith isn't a Dyche type.

Think your issue will have been this summer. He's been with Mount, Sterling, Foden, even Rashford and Sancho, who got medals he hasn't and some he can't dream of with Villa plus head turning wages. If he wasn't a Villa fan, he'd have been gone by now, the tricky bit for him is how long do you stay loyal to a club you're currently too good for? He only has to look at Kane who will probably break the PL scoring record and may well do it without ever winning a trophy.

It was initially based on the alphabet ;-)

To be honest, I don't see anyone in the league being able to challenge last year's top 4. We and the rags had a bad start due to how late the previous European matches had ended, yet were still comfortable in there. Chelsea look much better under Tuchel and, to be honest, if they're outside the top 4 come Xmas, he's gone anyway. Liverpool will be at least in there, probably doing better than last season unless they get someone breaking a toe nail - why does it always happen to them when other clubs don't suffer injuries?

Leicester were the ones I'm dubious about, as if Vardy has caught age disease, they're in trouble unless they buy another striker. They do have a knack of picking up foreigns for about £200k who then win player of the year though.

As for the others - Arsenal will be arsenal and will be having a personal scrap with Spurs that no one else cares about. Spurs will not be good enough with or without Kane unless they strengthen the squad, which I don't think they've got the cash to do. West Ham - depends if the owners decide to back Moyes or give him nothing and then complain when they're not challenging for the title, but suspect they'll be in the 5th-10th mix. There's the likes of Wolves with a new manager who are an unknown. For Leeds, depends if they can strengthen and no idea what their finances are like.

Villa are very much in that pack. A good season could be 5th or 6th. Is that enough for Grealish? What happens the season after, will you have enough to get top 4 then or does he have to wait longer? A commitment to compete in the cups might be enough to keep him happy (something so many mid-table teams seem to avoid for some reason). You made a final 18 months ago, so Smith isn't a Dyche type.

Think your issue will have been this summer. He's been with Mount, Sterling, Foden, even Rashford and Sancho, who got medals he hasn't and some he can't dream of with Villa plus head turning wages. If he wasn't a Villa fan, he'd have been gone by now, the tricky bit for him is how long do you stay loyal to a club you're currently too good for? He only has to look at Kane who will probably break the PL scoring record and may well do it without ever winning a trophy.
Fair assessment

I am getting really worried about City not signing Grealish. City had the perfect role waiting for him too.
Now City are running out of time to sign someone to cut up the Oranges at half time and collect the empty water bottles.

He’s got 4 years left pal. Villa are in such a strong position when it comes to not have to offer him a contract or accept a bid from us. Just why did he sign the deal last year?! We’d be talking peanuts now had he not signed the deal. Same with Kane signing that 6 year deal 3 years ago.
And Grealish as you say did sign a contract extension but I am certain he only did on condition that it had a release clause in it , so he could leave if a club in the Champions league wanted him for a fixed fee.

There seems to be some debate on the size of the fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.