Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is probably the case and may or may not have already happened. For all anyone knows, Kane and/or Grealish may now be City players officially, but the announcement not made because they are on their break. You don't break a signing of that stature and size without them at the stadium, holding up the shirt.
Very true but not always the case to be fair.

When we beat off a host of clubs to sign Glauber Berti, it was announced and he was in Brazil, I think he also stayed there during his time with us.

I am getting really worried about City not signing Grealish. City had the perfect role waiting for him too.
Now City are running out of time to sign someone to cut up the Oranges at half time and collect the empty water bottles.
I'm not so sure it's the perfect role for him, I think he would fall over and drop all the oranges

Looking at all the reports and rumours from both sides and trying to read between the lines, here is my take:

There is a buy out clause

City persuaded Grealish to come on increased wages

Villa have matched or exceeded City’s wage offer

City now have to decide whether they carry on a bidding war with Villa or persuade him that he will earn more overall as he wins more.

If we take the latter option, and it doesn’t work, we will walk away and he will sign for Villa because he has put (probably) a small guaranteed money differential before wanting to win trophies at the highest level and that applies even if it is the club he supports.

I think it’s up to Grealish himself.

Looking at all the reports and rumours from both sides and trying to read between the lines, here is my take:

City now have to decide whether they carry on a bidding war with Villa or persuade him that he will earn more overall as he wins more.

If we take the latter option, and it doesn’t work, we will walk away and he will sign for Villa because he has put (probably) a small guaranteed money differential before wanting to win trophies at the highest level and that applies even if it is the club he supports.

Fcuking hell, turned down to stay at a mid table side.
I'm no ITK but i think he'll stay at Villa and i'd be happy with that.
Maybe he just wants to earn big bucks but also have an easy time and take it easy at a club where there's zero pressure

A very valid point of which I accept. No arguments there. However we seem to be making zero progress, even with Grealish now. A lot can happen in a short space off time. But if we are still without any transfer news by the end of this coming week I will start to believe these signings won’t happen. That’s just my feeling, nothing else.
Your prerogative to feel as negative as you do based on something you have no idea what is happening behind the scenes.

Grealish is entering his peak years and he is incredibly ambitious and still wants to improve.

If the decision rests with the player then he will be soon be wearing Blue.

Fcuking hell, turned down to stay at a mid table side.
I'm no ITK but i think he'll stay at Villa and i'd be happy with that.
Maybe he just wants to earn big bucks but also have an easy time and take it easy at a club where there's zero pressure
I get the impression he is ambitious and it’s almost guaranteed trophies plus a big wage rise plus playing with Foden and KDB versus an even bigger pay increase plus playing for the club he supports plus he might be persuaded by Villa‘s ambitions.

Personally I think the guaranteed lure of CL football means he leaves.

I am getting really worried about City not signing Grealish. City had the perfect role waiting for him too.
Now City are running out of time to sign someone to cut up the Oranges at half time and collect the empty water bottles.
You're just grumpy we have Oranges and not apples at the CFG.

Grealish is entering his peak years and he is incredibly ambitious and still wants to improve.

If the decision rests with the player then he will be soon be wearing Blue.
If the owners weren’t ambitious and asking for time to show how quick they can get to meet Jacks own ambitions then I’d agree with you. I want the player I think he’s great and would love him to sign but not going to get too gutted if we don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.