Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jack Grealish left he'd have a bit of understanding but you just know it'd end up bitter.

Think about it from a Villa fan's perspective:

Jack Grealish is a Villa boy and club captain. Not only that, but Villa are a seriously ambitious (tm) club who are definitely going to be up there with the big boys extremely soon, with Grealish himself playing the central role. Jack Grealish is being offered a huge deal by Villa standards to stay.

From a Villa perspective, there is literally no reason why he would leave. If he can wait a year or two he'd be getting all the same medals he would at City, with more money, more prestige, and more honour, with the glory of doing at your boyhood club as captain and star man. At City, he'd just be a bench warmer with a couple Carabao Cups and a bunch of regrets as Villa march towards dominance.

If he goes it'll 100% be spun as he left for money. That's the ONLY reason he'd join, would be the argument.
Doesn't everyone who joins us comes for the Benjamin's and not the chance of winning things?

Barry always got a great reception? Far from it.

I was there at VP for his 1st game back, the section I was in applauded him, there was a section that did that but not all, every team has its village idiots, no doubt city do.

The ones that applauded him did so as previous season there was the big scouse pool tap up on him, he agreed to see out the season and review from there, he did and gave his all for us, we were in bad times as the owner had lost interest, if you look back at that time we were in the top 6 season after season under oniell, if the owner hadn't of lost interest and really gone for it we could of broken the top 4 strangle hold at the time.

All if, buts and maybe's

Truthfully he would go with our blessing, and would get the deserved reception on his return to VP.

I think the reason Delph got abuse was he just signed a new contract and said he wasn't leaving and then within 7 days he'd gone, I think most fans regardless of who you support would be a little peed off.

Barry always got a great reception and milner also, I think it's how you leave, the other 2 were professional about it.

Regardless if the player is homegrown or brought in, I myself don't get attached to them, as at the end of tge day it's a job to them.
At this point of the thread you've lost me, thought you were ok for a fan of another club, Barry & Milner were given shit by your lot without any doubt at all, you're either an armchair fan or off your tits.

Doesn't everyone who joins us comes for the Benjamin's and not the chance of winning things?
Maybe at the start as no matter how much you through at it you weren't guaranteed success, it was about selling them the vision/dream, and no doubt players signed just for the money, I'd say Tevez was 1, now ass much as the money is good/great you have the success and a great manager, so it doesn't all come down to the money anymore.

That's my 2 pence worth anyway

Barry always got a great reception and milner also, I think it's how you leave, the other 2 were professional about it.

Rubbish! Milner got dogs abuse for years. Or don't you remember Villa fans waving wads of fake money at him during the matches?

At this point of the thread you've lost me, thought you were ok for a fan of another club, Barry & Milner were given shit by your lot without any doubt at all, you're either an armchair fan or off your tits.
You'll find milner was given a standing ovation on his last game for us, never kicked up a cuss and always gave 100%, we knew he was going and appreciated the way he did,, watch back to the west ham game that season, we won 3-0 if my memory is correct and he was MOTM by far,, before that game we knew he was going.

From the outside it may have looked different, but if you ask any villa fan,, they only ever and still do only talk positive about milner.

Like I said we were just entering our downward spiral so losing the players was always on the cards.

So maybe it's you that's an arm chair fan/Johnny come lately or off your tits :-)

Anyway been good chatting

You'll find milner was given a standing ovation on his last game for us, never kicked up a cuss and always gave 100%, we knew he was going and appreciated the way he did,, watch back to the west ham game that season, we won 3-0 if my memory is correct and he was MOTM by far,, before that game we knew he was going.

From the outside it may have looked different, but if you ask any villa fan,, they only ever and still do only talk positive about milner.

Like I said we were just entering our downward spiral so losing the players was always on the cards.

So maybe it's you that's an arm chair fan/Johnny come lately or off your tits :-)

Anyway been good chatting
Full of it, won't be chatting again. I was at Villa when you lot were welcoming our lads, we shall I say have a differing view.

Good day to you.

What worries me is how this had been labelled by quite a few as a “done deal” Done deals don’t take this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.