Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me is how this had been labelled by quite a few as a “done deal” Done deals don’t take this long.

The presumption seems to be it is done, just waiting to be announced.

I don't buy that myself, don't think it is anywhere near done. And I'm always sceptical any club deliberately delays announcing deals, particularly exciting ones.

But we happen to recently have done just that. Only announced fernandinho a day before his contract ended, when it had been an acceptance for months he was extending. Only announced Carson yesterday. Both had no club to haggle a fee with, agents' switch demands, both wanted to be here with no other real rival club interest, neither was at an international tournament or on holidays. Easy deals most likely done ages ago, club was happy to sit on them in no rush to claim them.

Obviously, totally different players and deals, I'm just pointing out there is some level of quier patience in the club that they aren't afraid of sitting on things.

I have continuously very much doubted this assumed 'release clause', official Or gentleman's implied.

But the recent narrative from Villa makes me think there might be something in it maybe.

He has 4 years on his contract. If he had no agreement to leave, it would simply be a case of 'we are not selling, he us our player on a long deal'. Even a 'it would take a crazy offer' maybe. The fact the reported stance seems to be they will tempt him with a new contract, rather than they won't let him go, might just suggest simply keeping him isn't that simple.

Probably not enough to convince me this release agreement exists, but does make me wonder a little bit.

The presumption seems to be it is done, just waiting to be announced.

I don't buy that myself, don't think it is anywhere near done. And I'm always sceptical any club deliberately delays announcing deals, particularly exciting ones.

But we happen to recently have done just that. Only announced fernandinho a day before his contract ended, when it had been an acceptance for months he was extending. Only announced Carson yesterday. Both had no club to haggle a fee with, agents' switch demands, both wanted to be here with no other real rival club interest, neither was at an international tournament or on holidays. Easy deals most likely done ages ago, club was happy to sit on them in no rush to claim them.

Obviously, totally different players and deals, I'm just pointing out there is some level of quier patience in the club that they aren't afraid of sitting on things.
Maybe Txiki and co have been away on their hols and have just returned, that's why nothing has been happening re transfers. I think we're probably quite close on either Kane or Grealish but by no means are any deals done yet

I might be being fucking thick here but say we pay 100mill for Jack, he plays on the left, so does Sterling and Foden.
How does he fit in ?

I might be being fucking thick here but say we pay 100mill for Jack, he plays on the left, so does Sterling and Foden.
How does he fit in ?

Grealish plays on the left, Foden plays in the middle, Sterling plays on the right.

Grealish plays in the middle, Foden plays on the left, Sterling plays on the right.

Grealish plays in the middle, Sterling plays on the left, Foden plays on the right.

The woman beater has declared Jack Grealish shouldn't move to City because Pep wouldn't give him much gametime aside last 10-20 minutes

So Stan Collywobble is telling Grealish he's not good enough to get in the City team? I bet Stan would have slapped his Mrs if someone had told him not to sign for Liverpool because he wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.