Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at it from the perspective of Villa and Jack. There's so much optimism here atm, that we can keep moving up the league. FFP means we can't do it on spending power alone, as Chelsea and City did. The club are recruiting really cleverly, though. Buying young talent. I'd say 90%ish of our buys have increased in value, which is great.

Jack is our marquee player, though. He's an inspiration. For where we want to go, you need to have players of Jack's quality. Imo, we have 4, maybe 5, players good enough to play for a top 4 team atm. Lose Jack, the best of the lot, and it's a HUGE step back in what we're trying to achieve. £100m won't compensate for the loss of our talisman.

From Jack's pov, regardless of other teams' fans pointing out nice things he's said about their club on Tw@tter, he's true love is Villa. He's bought into the owners' vision, which they're delivering on up to now. He didn't need to sign for 5 years last summer. He did so because it's his club, I believe. I think he was always in for another two years when signing, if we were improving, I'm sure he is ambitious, but I'm sure his ideal would be to win things with Villa. Yes, that's a BIG ask right now, we're not deluded, but the fans see the club is trying, and making good decisions. Jack sees that, too.

Now, come next summer, if we're 11th again, and not getting any nearer top 4, he may start 'considering options'.

Of course, footballinsider could be 'right', and I could look a total fool, when he signs for you the day after his holiday finishes. :-) I just don't believe it, at this moment in time.

I think Villa have done everything on their part to possibly keep Grealish. They’ve offered him an improved contract and are spending big on improving the side.

I personally don’t think it will be enough to get them into the top 4 but finishing in the top 8 should be a realistic goal for Villa. Is that enough to keep Grealish happy though?

The big thing working against Villa at the moment is the cult status Grealish received during the Euros and the upcoming WC.

The Euros is the prime example of how an international tournament can turn a player into a marketing dream. Jack is at his highest marketable stock right now. A move to a CL club, playing regular football and winning trophies will take him to another level.

Having another good season at Villa might not even guarantee him a starting place in the WC side, especially with Sancho joining United and Foden, Mount and Bellingham all having more experience. There are a lot of players for England competing with Grealish who are younger, have the potential to be better and are playing in the CL.

I suppose that’s the gamble Grealish has to take and in a way, it’s unfortunate for Villa that there’s not a two-year gap before the next international tournament.

I think Leicester are the perfect blueprint for Villa. They sold their key players for top money, reinvested in the squad and become stronger for it. If Villa end up with Buendia, Cantwell and Bailey but sell Grealish, I think they’d be a much stronger side than last season.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of Villa and Jack. There's so much optimism here atm, that we can keep moving up the league. FFP means we can't do it on spending power alone, as Chelsea and City did. The club are recruiting really cleverly, though. Buying young talent. I'd say 90%ish of our buys have increased in value, which is great.

Jack is our marquee player, though. He's an inspiration. For where we want to go, you need to have players of Jack's quality. Imo, we have 4, maybe 5, players good enough to play for a top 4 team atm. Lose Jack, the best of the lot, and it's a HUGE step back in what we're trying to achieve. £100m won't compensate for the loss of our talisman.

From Jack's pov, regardless of other teams' fans pointing out nice things he's said about their club on Tw@tter, he's true love is Villa. He's bought into the owners' vision, which they're delivering on up to now. He didn't need to sign for 5 years last summer. He did so because it's his club, I believe. I think he was always in for another two years when signing, if we were improving, I'm sure he is ambitious, but I'm sure his ideal would be to win things with Villa. Yes, that's a BIG ask right now, we're not deluded, but the fans see the club is trying, and making good decisions. Jack sees that, too.

Now, come next summer, if we're 11th again, and not getting any nearer top 4, he may start 'considering options'.

Of course, footballinsider could be 'right', and I could look a total fool, when he signs for you the day after his holiday finishes. :-) I just don't believe it, at this moment in time.
Keep investing in young players and making them better and you will beome a good place to get players from.

Or Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling or Gundogan.

He's got great hair though and I like what he does with his socks! Could we not just get Grealish wigs for the above 4 and save some money?
Well, someone from those will likely disagree when they see him play more often than not.
Why the lol?
Fuck me people are over rating this lad unlike anything I've ever seen and anybody who thinks he's better than Foden must be on the wum at this point.

I like Grealish a lot and would be happy to see him sign but I'm hearing he will be our second best player and its enough to make you weep.
I think it is difficult to compare and imo, they are today pretty close.

Both are fantastic players technically. Phil is still developing and maturing whilst Grealish has much more experience.

They will make an awesome pair on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.