Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, mate, you're entitled to believe you're good...and we're entitled to believe we can challenge for top 4 in the near future, and express that belief. I personally don't get into the 'we're massive' dick-swinging' debates, so don't aim that at me, ta! :-) Don't get why you'd be snippy about it. Humble doesn't come into your comment. Football fans, we're all dreamers, aren't we?

I think my reaction was more an accumulative response to a lot of nonsense, imo, that I've read on this thread about Jack, and Villa. United fans on RC were actually a lot more level-headed and 'humble', on the whole, about Jack when he was 'nailed on' to go there last summer, tbh. Guess it's all about expectations.

Reading your thoughts on him and our project, (hate that phrase, tbh :-)) maybe we're both sounding off at the wrong person. :-)

...and, yes, he'd look fantastic in your team. But this summer is not the time, imo, given where Villa are atm and who Jack is as a person.
Grealish signing a long term contract was done with the expectation he would be sold, when is another matter. His value will reduce each year but I can't see him seeing it out until he's 30 and thanks to FFP you've not much chance of breaking into the top 4. Compare values, City's squad would probably be worth north of £700m if the players were sold, Villa, including JG, probably about £250m, the gulf is huge and your wealthy owners are not allowed to subsidise signings to upgrade your squad. I'm sorry but there's no way your Club are breaking into the top 4 with that team, Grealish has to make a decision, is he Matt Le Tissier a one club legend who won Jack or Gareth Barry who jumped ship and won medals (no guarantee btw but a much better chance here than at other clubs).

Well I'm one of the 6 votes who doesn't want Grealish. But to say I don't want him is a tad harsh. He's a good player no doubt, its just that I think he is overhyped a fair bit. Every time I see him play sure there are touches of skill and flair, but most of the time he seems to run into players looking for a foul and ends up on his backside with his hands in the air complaining or appealing to the ref. That was my abiding memory of him when we played Villa in the League Cup Final. He would be a fine addition to most premiership teams, but given the level of talent already in our midfield I cant see how he raises that level that much if any? So if we sign him for say £45-55m then yes go for it, But no way is he worth £100m and anything close to that imo. I understand why those figures are being banded about, He's English and Villa would want as much money as possible, who could blame them.

Grealish signing a long term contract was done with the expectation he would be sold, when is another matter. His value will reduce each year but I can't see him seeing it out until he's 30 and thanks to FFP you've not much chance of breaking into the top 4. Compare values, City's squad would probably be worth north of £700m if the players were sold, Villa, including JG, probably about £250m, the gulf is huge and your wealthy owners are not allowed to subsidise signings to upgrade your squad. I'm sorry but there's no way your Club are breaking into the top 4 with that team, Grealish has to make a decision, is he Matt Le Tissier a one club legend who won Jack or Gareth Barry who jumped ship and won medals (no guarantee btw but a much better chance here than at other clubs).
and what is Le Tissier's legacy? He was a very, very skilful player who scored some amazing goals. Scored over a 100 PL goals for a below average team. Didn't win any medals, pretty much got overlooked by England and never seems to get a mention when PL greats are discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.