Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. The way I imagined this being done, if it is done, would be through a release clause. And if there is one, I can't see it being set that high. £75m-80m maybe?

I don't think the much-talked about release clause exists and, if it does, there's no way Villa would've accepted one so low, and no way Grealish would've insisted.

Reactions: EJC
I can't stand Villa their fans are mouthy fuckers who think they're special and the way they treated Gareth Barry was an absolute disgrace they've got no class, for me Fabian Delph was karma for Gaz Baz if we sign Grealish the main reason I might like it is to piss mongy Villa fans off.

He's a great diving bastard though who gets away with it I mean (for now till he joins us no doubt) and that's something we've missed since Sun Jihai got us like 3 penalties in a 6 month period, so that could help a lot and the potential for good link up play with him and Phil for club and country could be alright... Other than that I see him as adding squad depth and nothing more if we sacrifice Sterling I won't be impressed, if he signs and proves to be a good squad player then fine, the fee is stupid but I've gone beyond comparing the way football has gone with money.

I don't think the much-talked about release clause exists and, if it does, there's no way Villa would've accepted one so low, and no way Grealish would've insisted.

100 million is the number being branded about a lot, could that be the release clause

If it was as low as £75 to £80m then three or four clubs would be chasing the deal - that would be stupid of Villa as we could have started a bidding war. The reality is his price is so high that only Man City can theoretically afford him. But I seriously doubt they will pay what Villa want.

David Silva used to get much the same treatment and won us loads of free kicks/advantage play from fouls.
This isn't true. Grealish is a foul magnet to the highest levels, Hazard style. Silva was never that much of a foul winner by comparison.

And I say this as someone who doesn't have any issues with Grealish winning fouls.

No chance. If the clause exists, which is very doubtful, it wouldn't be anything under £100 million. And if you were prepared to activate it you would have done so already.

We're not Tottenham we don't bid on players before knowing if they want to come. We will have spent the majority of the time speaking with his agent selling him on the move, agreeing terms etc. Then the bid goes in.

I don't have a clue if there is a release clause or not but I can only imagine there is one as we wouldn't have wasted our time trying to get him otherwise as you lot will have him valued way above what we would want to pay. If the ITK on reddit is correct and this is due to be wrapped up within the week then the only way I can see that happening is if we have already agreed terms and we simply activate the clause. All guess work at the end of the day until whatever happens happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.