Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not Tottenham we don't bid on players before knowing if they want to come. We will have spent the majority of the time speaking with his agent selling him on the move, agreeing terms etc. Then the bid goes in.

I don't have a clue if there is a release clause or not but I can only imagine there is one as we wouldn't have wasted our time trying to get him otherwise as you lot will have him valued way above what we would want to pay. If the ITK on reddit is correct and this is due to be wrapped up within the week then the only way I can see that happening is if we have already agreed terms and we simply activate the clause. All guess work at the end of the day until whatever happens happens.
As someone has asked before, if there is no release clause or agreement then why on earth are Villa trying to get him to sign a new contract when he has four years remaining on the current deal he signed only a year ago?

Why do Villa fans hate us? did Delph really piss them off that badly.

You have no fuckin idea like the rest of us
It's simple logic though isn't it. Why would Villa include a release clause of anything under £100 million in a five year deal. The release clause has to be equal to the base price for the selling club or else Villa are agreeing to throw away £20 million or more. Our owners may not be as rich as yours but they aren't stupid.

As someone has asked before, if there is no release clause or agreement then why on earth are Villa trying to get him to sign a new contract when he has four years remaining on the current deal he signed only a year ago?
I'd imagine it is nothing to do with a release clause and all to do with trying to match whatever you have offered him in wages, which our owners could do fairly easily.

Very good point. I also don't think Jack or his agent were stupid enough to sign a new contract without one when he was looking to move months prior to signing it.

This isn't true. Grealish is a foul magnet to the highest levels, Hazard style. Silva was never that much of a foul winner by comparison.

And I say this as someone who doesn't have any issues with Grealish winning fouls.
Silva won loads of fouls. Used to go down quite easily sometimes (at least he seemed to do by the naked eye....as another poster said, it's a very fast game these days).
No problem with that all, as I don't with Grealish either.
It's not exactly Salahesque (dirty diving git). That's completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.