Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance. If the clause exists, which is very doubtful, it wouldn't be anything under £100 million. And if you were prepared to activate it you would have done so already.#
If there is a release clause I can't see why the player's side would agree to setting it so high.

I agree he is a top class footballer who wouldn't be moving in normal circumstances but if there is a release clause I think it will be set around £80m.

Why do you think it's so unachievable? Leeds missed it by eight points in their first season back. West Ham had a very average team and finished two points outside.

Look at Leicester looked like they were going to get it comfortably it’s the last 6 games that most clubs with out a good squad drop away and why Leicester dropped out injuries!

Say you get in the top four it’s then staying there even rags chelsea find it hard even look at Arsenal.

Oh uefa ffp will get you too..

Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
So are you saying that a player who has won nothing and giving him the opportunity to win trophies means he isn't ambitious? That's bollocks!

Every season, every competition is a new challenge and our ambition is to win them all, so we need quality players to help us do that.

The release clause won't be too high (if there is one). This isn't Spain where a release clause is mandatory and clubs set arbitrarily high amounts to protect themselves.

If Grealish has a release clause it'll be affordable. That's the point. The idea is to give him an exit strategy that doesn't hold him hostage a la Kane. It'll have been in there either at the request of him or his agent. The release clause doesn't need to be high because if Grealish wants to stay he stays.

I don't think the much-talked about release clause exists and, if it does, there's no way Villa would've accepted one so low, and no way Grealish would've insisted.
You maybe right. IMO the only way a deal happens is if he has a release clause. Sometimes clubs are forced to accept release clauses because it's the only way they can get a player to sign. I understand why you don't want him to go.

Let's see what happens when the player returns. If he starts training at the Villa and all is quiet then you will be right and can say I told you so.

80m release clause + 20m express delivery, 25m admin fee payable at the box office, and 5% credit card surcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.