Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bonus signing at the end of the day. If it happens, great, if not we won't be any weaker in that particular area of the pitch unless of course Bernardo was to leave.
Kane, or a player of his standing (which there aren't many available) is far more important to get over the line.

Hmmmmm…….. I take that as him blocking out the noise and thus he’s staying
I don't think Grealish know's what subliminal even means, it's purely him reposting a picture from this day last year when he saved Villa from the drop which ironically would've ended up with him being at United as we speak if he hadn't.

Tbh I am happy if he stays, I dont regard him someone who walks into our starting eleven and elevates it. Especially if Bernardo comes out of same 11.

Prices quoted around 90-100m are also a joke, that would have been steep for someone line Mahrez too at his best years at Leicester and he helped to win the league for them and was player of the year Grealish is not very close that with a good season in a mediocre Villa.

This can turn out very well like those signings where we dodget a bullet like Fred, Sanchez, Maguire...

Txiki and the scouting team are welcome to open up their datebase again and find a real talent I am sure there are many around in top leagues around Europe who can come in and moulded into a great player by Pep. if we could turn a noname 2m player Zinchenko into an asset we can do again with someone else too.

Or if they only can find the obvious ones than go all in for Mbappe he is at least proven elite level quality unlike Grealish.

I'm not ignoring anything. You seem to be ignoring what I wrote, though! ;-)

The owners ARE investing heavily in our academy. One example is paying Barcelona £900k for Louie Barry, a Villa fan. You might remember his goal against Liverpool in the FA Cup last season. We won the FA Youth Cup last season, thrashing teams at will.

The odds, at present are stacked against us. To say there's no plan though, is just wrong.

Everton's big signing last season was James. Great signing short-term and a quality player. I shudder to think what wages he's on. Probably sees Everton as a step down, too, given where he's been.
We signed Watkins. Many rival fans thought £30m was hilarious. Young, hungry, desire to improve. Now an England contender. You couldn't get him for £50m now, imo.

The organic growth you talk about is already set in motion. A big reason for Villa fans' 'delusions'! ;-) ...Just fans of other clubs don't see what we're seeing, which is understandable.

It probably comes with the territory if you happen to post on another club's fan forum in regards to player transfer speculation & I'm sure the same would occur if roles were reversed, so you're probably going to have to put up with the 'digs'

What is slightly concerning is your inability to see what Villa have done to previous Championship clubs is the same opportunistic process City are conducting with Grealish, albeit on a grander scale if the transfer fees bandied about are to be believed.

Take for example Ollie Watkins you mentioned. Young, hungry and desire to improve as you stated. However, what Villa offered at the time was Premiership football, which Brentford couldn't. Same as City offering Champions League football to Grealish. If Brentford had gone up in the 19/20 season then you wouldn't have been able to take advantage & most likely Watkins would not be playing for Villa. But Villa took an opportunistic advantage of the situation and offered a £30m package which they knew Brentford & Watkins would not turn down.

There's basically always going to be a bigger fish, as that's the football pyramid for you.

Tbh I am happy if he stays, I dont regard him someone who walks into our starting eleven and elevates it. Especially if Bernardo comes out of same 11.

Prices quoted around 90-100m are also a joke, that would have been steep for someone line Mahrez too at his best years at Leicester and he helped to win the league for them and was player of the year Grealish is not very close that with a good season in a mediocre Villa.

This can turn out very well like those signings where we dodget a bullet like Fred, Sanchez, Maguire...

Txiki and the scouting team are welcome to open up their datebase again and find a real talent I am sure there are many around in top leagues around Europe who can come in and moulded into a great player by Pep. if we could turn a noname 2m player Zinchenko into an asset we can do again with someone else too.

Or if they only can find the obvious ones than go all in for Mbappe he is at least proven elite level quality unlike Grealish.
Grealish literally had as good creative stats as KDB last season he's proven talent and would only improve under Pep 90 million really isn't that bad in the current Market

its obviously not good timing, but he's a villa fan and that was a big moment for him. It will have met a lot too him. Hopefully this deal can be sorted this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.