Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies in advance as I've had a few.
With respect, a lot of players can run quite fast - most of them!
We're used to Sterling, Jesus, Foden, Sane, Walker and a lightening quick Aguero, when he was fit. Pacewise, is Jack in the same league?

Like I say, if he signs for us, I hope he does great, but, I'm one of the 20% approx who took part in the above poll who are dubious, and that's based on what I've seen him do against us, and on the box. He needs to prove he isn't just a decent premier league player if he joins us, as he'll be playing with the big boys. Will he cope when he isn't the big fish in his little pond with his adoring fans? We'll see.
So far, he's done fuck all and won fuck all, apart from a thousand free kicks. He's shown the odd flash in a couple of international matches, so, come on Jack; if Pep's decided he wants you, you'll have no better coach in the world, so, join us if you dare and show us what you can do.
Try to think of Grealish replicating David Silva’s role to about 75%. That’s how he’ll likely be used for us. No need for pace. His change of direction is his main asset. He just needs to know when to release the ball at the right time to maximise his skill set.

Try to think of Grealish replicating David Silva’s role to about 75%. That’s how he’ll likely be used for us. No need for pace. His change of direction is his main asset. He just needs to know when to release the ball at the right time to maximise his skill set.
A replacement for David Silva? That good? Cheap at £90m if true - I'll keep my fingers crossed.

So only £18m of profit after multiple trophies in instrumental role in 4 years? We signed him for £42m.

We have absolutely dominated football lately pretty much so I don't understand these low figures for our players.

The book value on Bernardo though will be a massive profit on a player that wants to leave? We’ve had 4 years of him and I think people love the person more than the player? Don’t get me wrong I’m the same if truth be told but he’s only had one fantastic season? Works his bollocks of though but his attacking output to the team has dropped and it seems things now need freshened up.

A reasonable summary of how I see it too. Don't know if he'll actually come but if it is now a case of a straight decision for him personally, the Pep factor must come into his thoughts. Two years being coached by Pep would make Grealish a better player and he must know that. Whereas some players don't respond completely to our managers demands I actually think Grealish has the type of personality that will embrace it and take another step up. That will help his ambition to be a regular international come the WC. I hope he is smart as playing with Phil, Kev and Ferran is mouthwatering.

He could always spend 5 years here then return to his boyhood club as a 30 year old - not beyond the realms of possibility surely.

It’s a big year for Grealish. The Euros must have been so frustrating for him but Southgate obviously doesn’t trust him. And won’t until he sees him performing regularly in higher pressure CL games.

If Southgate does want to play more expansively then Grealish has to play a role. He only has 12 months to earn that trust or 2026 seems a waste of a career.

A reasonable summary of how I see it too. Don't know if he'll actually come but if it is now a case of a straight decision for him personally, the Pep factor must come into his thoughts. Two years being coached by Pep would make Grealish a better player and he must know that. Whereas some players don't respond completely to our managers demands I actually think Grealish has the type of personality that will embrace it and take another step up. That will help his ambition to be a regular international come the WC. I hope he is smart as playing with Phil, Kev and Ferran is mouthwatering.

He could always spend 5 years here then return to his boyhood club as a 30 year old - not beyond the realms of possibility surely.
Hopefully it’d turn him into a winner too. That mentality shift could propel him up levels.

Grealish definitely has the ego to do so. The only risk is how much he can take on board. Even if he stayed the same as he is now, he’d still be a very good asset in moving parked bus defences around and make space for Sterling et al.

Hey brother I'm sorry to hear that, I feel a complete and utter twat now.
Honestly I don't know what to say to that apart from I take it back and I hope you're in a good place now.
My bad.
It’s ok my mate!

Like I said I’ve recently gotten engaged and generally feel fairly optimistic (for me!) nowadays.

Thank you to yourself and everyone else in this thread for their kind words. They really do mean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.