Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely piece from VillaTalk

READ this one. Even more fun. Damn these tears!

: This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?

: This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?
Haha! That could have been taken from any forum from any team that isn't City.
Fuck them all the deluded cunts.

No doubt I’ll be called spoilt or entitled but rather annoying this, not you thanks for the info. You just know it’s slow because of the euros, euros finishes then its wait until they’re back from holidays not its wait weeks. Season starts in 3 and it’s disappointing we are going into it without our business being done. I guess it proves these deals are far from done as others have suggested which again is a further worry what we do if it goes tits up.

As you say, the euros and holidays are a natural delay.

They are also both such big deals, which always takes longer. Not just in money, but in profile, for bith clubs.

More often then not, they generally do tend to get to the late stages, and Tixi always seems comfortable with that. I'd like to think he is now as well.

That include falling over, poor touch and not being able to set up attacks? Pep is crazy but come on sterlings form last season was awful.
You'll be pleasantly surprised after a few games that he's got one of the best first touches I've seen, he'll go down and win you Free-Kicks which KDB will inevitably cause havoc with and he regularly runs with the ball from the edge of our 18 yard box for us to set up attacks. He'll need to be a lot fitter to fit into Pep's style though as Villa's pressing from the front is pathetic, almost as bad as our midfields yet you'll have some fans tell you John McGinn is worth £50m. Douglas Luiz has plenty of potential though and was top class for us before he was hit with Covid last season, think we breathed a sigh of relief when Pep decided against bringing him back this summer.

Sorry if already posted but Sam Lee has responded to all the criticism he’s getting regarding his understanding of the Grealish situation:

You'd think the main reporter for the athletic on all things City would post a bit more on the biggest city forum going wouldn't you. I don't know why he sticks to Reddit, it's not like he wouldn't be welcomed with open arms on here.. :-)

Gotta love the hypocrisy on some of them

CAA979EB-1D5F-4737-B509-1E31735F1E77.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.