Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam's confidence on this deal and subsequent vitriol he has received has really made him antsy.
FWIW I think his resources are decent and has decided not to go OTT after Alves and Sanchez debacle.

I really don't think journalism is for him if he gets this upset about a bunch of idiots questioning or dismissing his reports. Either don't read it or grow a thicker skin Sam.

There's still plenty of our fans who think he isn't leaving us. It's as if they can't understand why a player who's a boyhood fan might want to play in the CL and win a few trophies in the prime of his career. I've said it numerous times on Twitter but our fanbase have got to be amongst the most irritating in English football.

Well ,I suppose they're thinking that if Jack stays, and with a couple of other good signings, Villa can get that fourth spot. And indeed, why not dream? Why not? All supporters do it. And so they should. The only problem with that is that Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Everton, West Ham and — dare I say it? — Wolves fans are all dreaming that very same dream. And indeed there is going to be a dogfight for that fourth spot in the coming years, I believe. For a neutral, the most interesting part of the latter part of the season was not us, nor United. Far from it. It was that fight for third and fourth places.
Europa League's always a possibility, I suppose. Good mate of mine is a lifelong Burnley fan. A real football supporter, who knows his football inside out. Encyclopaedic knowledge of other clubs, too. Played himself until somebody smashed his leg in. Since Burnley have been in all four divisions in his lifetime, he has been up and down the land to see them. His knowledge of England's stadiums is like no-one I've ever known (? he dislikes Walsall, for some reason, some obscure rivalry going way back…) He doesn't ever slag off City (not in my hearing, anyway!) and he's pleased for me when we win. He knows what we went through. And he hates the United/Liverpool hegemony with a vengeance. When Burnley got into the Europa League a couple of seasons back, he said to me, “Mate, I've been waiting for this all my life, there's no way I'm not going to those matches”. He trekked all the way up to Dundee, I think it was; he went all the way over to the other side of Europe for Istanbul; came back, and then trekked back there again, more or less, for the Olympiakos game in Athens. Taking time off work and losing money in the process to do it.

Agree if the tweets and the response did upset him so much, in my opinion he needs to grow a pair or get off twatter when chatting to his mates.

But in saying that it is incredible how part of a fan base suddenly turns on a player when a shiny new toy looks to be arriving.

Bernardo has been a great signing and great player. Many times when KDB was injured, this guy took his place, played wonderfully to the extent KDB was hardly missed, which shows one and all how good Bernardo Silva is.

If Grealish does arrive and is 1/2 as good as Bernardo , he will have done well.

It's not turning on a player, it's exercising a degree of pragmatism and looking at the bigger picture.
Bernardo's form has been extremely sketchy (from unbelievably good to almost anonymous), the player himself has also requested we allow him to leave last summer and this summer. We have a player in Grealish almost begging that we sign him. Then factor in the the England effect after the Euros, if we sign Kane as well then we could well have 6 players starting for England in the World Cup, that is a side that could go all the way and win it. The kudos that would give us and the cogs that could grease in the media would be priceless.

Its a win-win situation for all, Bernardo included who wants out.

Your last sentence that I have highlighted is pure hyperbole.

Granted this isn't just on Villa Talk but I do enjoy watching on when one of their own fans uses the term 'moving to a bigger club' when talking about us.

The fallout is top entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.