Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah,apples and oranges.....Villa fans arent the brightest,but they arent on the same levels delusionally,they recognise what Grealish has done for their club -without him its no exaggeration to say they would still be hoping for promotion.

I think the main difference is that the media isn't infested with their ex players like the dippers. A large percentage of their actual fans will be very bitter though.

Both were club captain, both contributed significantly to Aston Villa. Barry, like Grealish, was their best player.

Villa fans turned on both immediately after joining City.
I wasn't bothered when we were linked with Barry but what a cracking player he turned out to be. They were very bitter when he signed for us though.

READ this one. Even more fun. Damn these tears!

: This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?

Pretty much sums up the Villa fans at Wembley last year. They’re fucking mental, never known a fan base to be so bitter towards City. That’s going to go up a notch when we sign their local hero.

From Villa talk.

I get grief on here, but what I know is as follows. Before x-mas Jack, his dad, his agent & David Manasseh (Stella ) met Txiki & Pep in London and talked about a deal, £300k p/w and Jack has a £100m buy out clause (we would value more but that's the clause, new contract doesn't have one) Villa only play left is to offer a contract but Villa don't know about how much city have offered so we will offer around 200k (he's on £150k p/w atm) our hands are tied on this they really are. It won't be on Villa if he does leave this is Camp Grealish and Stella.

Big question is will city spend £100m when they need a striker, I think they need to shift Fernandes or Sterling first to get Jack. Personally I'd say 80% he's off 20% stays and it will be next week not this week we get a resolution.

On Jack it's a lovely story and he has universal appeal that can help convert neutrals to Villa fans, but don't swallow this BS "it's my club" this is the third season this has happened and the third attempt to go or wangle better money. Last year United baulked at £100m they wanted to pay £65m but they had a £165k p/w deal on the table. We offered £150 p/w and a £100m release clause ( Grealish's camp insist on this) and we got a pic of him with his dog. Loyalty is not part of this game anymore stop thinking it is
Weapons grade bollocks. He ain't getting 300k a week and we ain't paying 100m.

Oh they'll be absolute uproar amongst the fans because they just can't seem to comprehend that he'll leave because he's a boyhood Villa fan. The majority of fans won't turn on Jack though, he is absolutely adored at the club like no other player I've ever come across in my lifetime so it'll likely be taken out on either Smith for not getting us into Europe last season (lol) or the owners who really don't have much power in this situation at all besides offering him a new deal which they have done which he hasn't turned down yet but he will.
I think this is why he might possibly stay because of the fans

: This incarnation of Manchester City was formed in 2008. As much as MK dons is Wimbledon. It isn’t a real club. It’s hollow. Tell me what roots remained? 2 or 3 mascot players? They know that too. They comfort themselves with the thought that everyone is jealous. If only your club could be owned by a emirate state in an effort to legitimise a virtual dictatorship via soft power sports ownership. If only.

As a set of supporters they are desperately searching for an identity, a meaning, in this brave new era. Nothing organic, no set backs, no pain and redemption. Just a machine. A efficient machine but a machine nonetheless. Win. Sheikh smile. Win. Sheikh Smile. Win. Worst still, the leach fans begin to come out in force. Migrating from FCB, RM, United & Chelsea. Diluting what little remained of that community asset.

When I talk to Manchester City fans about post 2008 City, you see the little death behind their eyes. Emotionless, blank and rehearsed. Now I mention, Goater, Dickov, the Kippax, Joe Royle, Weaver at Wembley, the fire flickers again. Passion & meaning. How does that silver taste? Was it worth your soul?
Wow going to need a beer with that packet of ready salted :)

It's true, every City fan I know or have ever spoken to has hated every minute of winning countless trophies and experiencing moments like the Aguero goal againat QPR. It's been horrible really. I pine for the Joe Royle days over the bald fraud.

I’ll get butchered for this opinion but I can see why pep would want to pair KDB and Grealish. Grealish just a little reminds me of David Silva with how he can quickly turn with the ball and his press resistance when being closed down, his passing is brilliant as well, he’s got that special attribute of being able to get out of small spaces with the ball.

I think with him in midfield with KDB I think our midfield becomes the best midfield in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.