Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: what is it that (we presume) the whole of the Manchester City hierarchy can see that you can't?

Couldn't that be said for any player or signing though? What did they see in 42m Mangala etc (hopeless) or 55m Dias (outstanding)?

I've watched Grealish again and again and again and meh is the only conclusion I've reached. The epitome of an over hyped, over rated English footballer - good, but to a certain level. You compare the best teams and players of European football over the past decade or two and ask where Grealish fits in with them. If he doesn't, then we shouldn't (in my opinion obviously) be spending anything like we might be about to on him.

Btw, transfer fees alone don't bother me. If we went out and spent 10 billion quid on Mbappe or such like I'd be delighted as we'd have signed one of the worlds best. It's Grealish actual ability and lack of deserving of this kinda fee which i can't get my head around.

This made me giggle

It makes me laugh that any player that comes to us is a 'copy and paste' player as described on there in the eyes of other fans.

I'm presuming they mean none of them stand out because it's a fantastic team full of immense individual talent all coming together to win trophies at a club that matches their ambition.

Or must all players be the big fish in a small pond to have a bit about them..?

No you cannot blame them, but you can also have no sympathy or empathy with the mard cunts.

Always bleating about how we don't deserve it because they won a european cup long before most of the bitterest of them cunts were born

I do not post this in arrogance or think city is a bigger club or that villa are beneath us, I post it because their fans are right moaning fuckers about us

We are clearly a much bigger club than Villa.

Football clubs know how to play the fans. Not that difficult, as fans, we play ourselves. Pure ego, and childlike belief. It's very easy to protect and massage. That's the truth. You'd be the same. It'd be your duty, as a fan.

Couldn't that be said for any player or signing though? What did they see in 42m Mangala etc (hopeless) or 55m Dias (outstanding)?

I've watched Grealish again and again and again and meh is the only conclusion I've reached. The epitome of an over hyped, over rated English footballer - good, but to a certain level. You compare the best teams and players of European football over the past decade or two and ask where Grealish fits in with them. If he doesn't, then we shouldn't (in my opinion obviously) be spending anything like we might be about to on him.

Btw, transfer fees alone don't bother me. If we went out and spent 10 billion quid on Mbappe or such like I'd be delighted as we'd have signed one of the worlds best. It's Grealish actual ability and lack of deserving of this kinda fee which i can't get my head around.
Your opening gambit is true, because there have been cases of players being pursued and purchased that haven't succeeded. But when you say you've watched Grealish 'again and again', it just seems fucking obvious that people who are paid shitloads to actually judge a player against criteria that we're probably not even aware of, and who have scrutinised his ability to a degree that is incomprehensible to you, are given the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, what are we left with?

Isn't that what most clubs that know their arse from a hole in the ground try to do?

I'd be surprised if Aston Villa purchased Targett, McGinn and Al-Ghazi from Soton, Celtic and Ajax, all clubs with a good reputation for finding/developing young talent, in their early twenties with the intention of them merely sitting in the stands.

Whilst the price tags may have been different than what City paid for Sterling and Stones, it is the same concept. They purchased young talented players for the club at a price deemed acceptable.

Yes, agreed, but City can attract the Sterlings and Stones, the more highly-rated players, over the Targetts and El Ghazis. I said that in my original comment, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.