Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have Richarlison. Can play anywhere across the forward line, he's faster and a far better finisher.
Grealish had a good game when Villa beat Liverpool, but apart from that, I don't ever remember him standing out against a top team. Everytime he's played against us, he's been anonymous.
I would rather have Chris Wood than both.

Your opening gambit is true, because there have been cases of players being pursued and purchased that haven't succeeded. But when you say you've watched Grealish 'again and again', it just seems fucking obvious that people who are paid shitloads to actually judge a player against criteria that we're probably not even aware of, and who have scrutinised his ability to a degree that is incomprehensible to you, are given the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, what are we left with?

I'm not sure I follow the idea of blindly backing every transfer we become involved in though. People paid shitloads felt it was fine for Aguero to leave on a free transfer leaving us with only Jesus as a recognised striker with any kind of experience, they'll make wrong decisions along the way. I think it would be a dangerous game to stick by everything we do in the transfer game, and some decisions will naturally come as disappointments, isn't that just football?

I can't see us getting Grealish AND Kane in this transfer window. 100m for Grealish then another 100m + for Kane, nah. Not going to happen
Why not? We will be raising £100m in sales from players that have never kicked a ball for us. And then Bernardo is probably leaving too.

So the Mail are saying we're making the first bid for Grealish for 75m. Forgive me if I'm way off the mark on this, but surely at the start of August we must be further down the line on this than the first transfer bid going in?
Most deals don’t work in such a way that clubs make speculative bids. There are many conversations BEFORE the bids go in. City and Villa will already know the price that this deal happens at. But now it’s just a little show for the Villa fans. They’ll reject 2 bids to be seen to be desperately trying to keep him. Then City bid the price that has already been privately agreed and he joins us.

Most deals don’t work in such a way that clubs make speculative bids. There are many conversations BEFORE the bids go in. City and Villa will already know the price that this deal happens at. But now it’s just a little show for the Villa fans. They’ll reject 2 bids to be seen to be desperately trying to keep him. Then City bid the price that has already been privately agreed and he joins us.
Fingers crossed mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.