Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid, all opinions obviously but i believe Foden is different gravy compared to Grealish. The lad is a once in a generation talent. He's what 4 yrs younger and his stats are already better than Grealishs and he doesn't even get to play as regularly as Grealish as Pep likes to rotate. Don't judge him on the fleeting chance he got under the dull negative Southgate.
Foden states might be better but you have to also look at the team Foden has around him vs Grealish. Not taking anything from Foden he is amazing and hopefully will get only better. But he is also benefiting from our team

There is a staggering amount of cognitive dissonance and denial in that F365 article.
Just because City have won lots of trophies in recent years it doesn’t mean Grealish has. I’m sure he would be absolutely delighted to win his first medals. He certainly wouldn’t say “Oh this Premier League title is shit because someone else won one a few years ago.”
Also the idea that trophies won by City are ‘trinkets’ but in the same breath saying Villa will become a trophy winning superclub within five years because they have rich owners is hypocrisy at its finest

Not bias in the slightest was it?

I think Grealish looks like an extremely tidy player that I think would fit comfortably as a shiny new cog in the monstrous City machine. I have no illusions of him being this generation's Beckham or single-handedly winning us the UCL or anything. But if Bernardo wants to leave and we need a replacement, Grealish will more than satisfy me.

Plus, I fancy him a bit, so it's all good vibes.
The next Beckham ?? Ffs was your mouth out.

it wasnt that long ago that SWP was our pize asset and we all loved him... but chelsea came along with the readies and off he went. Chelsea cherry picking off us. Hard too believe nowadays.

i remember Villa taking our manager billy McNeil . He was being touted as a great hope and we were all very excited. Then villa came along and he went. In his interview he said " its nIce to go to one of the big clubs !! lol .
Even harder to believe .

SO - If we do pick the best fruit from our fellow premier league rivals - then great !!
i for one dont feel sorry for any of them

We could become the Bayern Munich of the Premier League!

On second thoughts….

Foden states might be better but you have to also look at the team Foden has around him vs Grealish. Not taking anything from Foden he is amazing and hopefully will get only better. But he is also benefiting from our team
That is true, but his stats indicate that he is also benefiting more than any other player in our team! Which clearly says something about him as a player.

Exactly. If we are lucky enough to get him then we will be able to truly assess his quality. As it is, he is extremely successful in the Villa team. Generally, my feeling is that you don't become such a hero unless you're a really good player. At a lower level, you'll always put it in and give the impression that you'll die for the shirt in the way that a fan would. At the top level, to be a hero like Grealish is, you have to have it. I remember reading somewhere that KDB has remarked just how good he is.

No offence to Villa but Bellingham got his shirt number retired at Birmingham City for doing far less than Grealish, so really he should already have had a statue built by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.