Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you're in the 20%! ;-)

Seriously, though. I've watched a lot of City's games the last decade or so. I get what you're used to. I'd back Jack to impress, though. I'd only place KDB, of your current team, above him, in terms of raw ability. Foden could surpass him in the future, but not yet.
Sid, all opinions obviously but i believe Foden is different gravy compared to Grealish. The lad is a once in a generation talent. He's what 4 yrs younger and his stats are already better than Grealishs and he doesn't even get to play as regularly as Grealish as Pep likes to rotate. Don't judge him on the fleeting chance he got under the dull negative Southgate.

lots of comparisons with Grealish and City players. For me Grealish feels on a par with Gundogan, nothing more, nothing less. Not sure which of them scores more but i'd guess its Gundogan. I'd guess Gundogan retains the ball better too. Maybe he plays a little further forward but he might make a good deputy/heir to Gundogan. If Grealish was foreign i reckon we'd be slated if we paid more than about £60-70m, but since he's the midlands Messiah he's probably worth £20m more. just my half arsed opinion.

I think Grealish looks like an extremely tidy player that I think would fit comfortably as a shiny new cog in the monstrous City machine. I have no illusions of him being this generation's Beckham or single-handedly winning us the UCL or anything. But if Bernardo wants to leave and we need a replacement, Grealish will more than satisfy me.

Plus, I fancy him a bit, so it's all good vibes.

View attachment 22117

Off the Villa forum. They are saying no Grealish shirts in the club shop along with no pictures around of him.
Really weird that seen as he is their main man.
Sure someone on Villatalk(or whatever you call it?)said he went in last week and Grealish was on one of the mannequins. Went back and it had been replaced. Think it was the Cash one. This would have coincided with these tweets picking up pace.

View attachment 22120

"In other words, there is a very real possibility that winning multiple honours with Man City would feel empty in comparison to even minor glories at Villa Park, because Grealish has something that every eight-year-old dreams of and almost nobody in the history of the sport has attained: truly legendary status at the club they have always loved."

"trinkets".

What a bizarre comparison. Sports folk love to win, it’s in their DNA. Actors love to act and get paid, sometimes - when at the top of their profession - they might even care if the story is actually not terrible but I’ve seen little evidence of this .

I think Grealish looks like an extremely tidy player that I think would fit comfortably as a shiny new cog in the monstrous City machine. I have no illusions of him being this generation's Beckham or single-handedly winning us the UCL or anything. But if Bernardo wants to leave and we need a replacement, Grealish will more than satisfy me.

Plus, I fancy him a bit, so it's all good vibes.
guessing you don't fancy Bernado then?

it wasnt that long ago that SWP was our pize asset and we all loved him... but chelsea came along with the readies and off he went. Chelsea cherry picking off us. Hard too believe nowadays.

i remember Villa taking our manager billy McNeil . He was being touted as a great hope and we were all very excited. Then villa came along and he went. In his interview he said " its nIce to go to one of the big clubs !! lol .
Even harder to believe .

SO - If we do pick the best fruit from our fellow premier league rivals - then great !!
i for one dont feel sorry for any of them

What a bizarre comparison. Sports folk love to win, it’s in their DNA. Actors love to act and get paid, sometimes - when at the top of their profession - they might even care if the story is actually not terrible but I’ve seen little evidence of this .
There is a staggering amount of cognitive dissonance and denial in that F365 article.
Just because City have won lots of trophies in recent years it doesn’t mean Grealish has. I’m sure he would be absolutely delighted to win his first medals. He certainly wouldn’t say “Oh this Premier League title is shit because someone else won one a few years ago.”
Also the idea that trophies won by City are ‘trinkets’ but in the same breath saying Villa will become a trophy winning superclub within five years because they have rich owners is hypocrisy at its finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.