Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think Villa are panicked?

They have spent and are looking to spend even more money this summer, perhaps they know full well Grealish is off and have laid the ground work for replacements and improving their squad.

IF they manage to get 100m for him, that is some deal in this climate and in my opinion however good he has been for them, it's an offer that is too good to turn down.

They lose their main man, but can bring in 3-4 tops class players, which significantly improves them long term.

And losing John Terry can only be a positive.

Maybe panicked the wrong word but which club wouldn't be worried about losing their star player, captain, talisman etc etc. Even with 100m burning a hole in their pocket and the ability to make full squad improvements, losing Grealish significantly weakens Villa and their whole negotiating stance. In the same way we market ourselves to new players as being coached by Pep and playing with KDB, they obviously say to new signings you can play with JG. Losing him is a worry for a club like them, however good (which it is!) the deal is

Appreciate he is a low life, but the info he’s given has come from Jack’s Dad/Jack. Could be telling huge lies though.
Signing another contract within a year of signing his last one. Clearly there is misinformation somewhere along the line

Hi Villa fan here, just to bring a bit of clarity:
This isn’t true, No villa fan thinks 200m + KDB is a suitable offer. Think most are in the camp £120m, although there are strong rumours (denied by our manager and CEO) that he has a buyout clause. If that’s £100m, he goes for £100m. Our fans don’t think Foden isn’t half the player Grealish is. IMO, they are similar ability now, Foden has higher ceiling.

here’s the Villa take on the transfer:
Just as you have your ITK’s saying Grealish is a done deal, our ITK’s are saying he’s 100% staying/signed a deal a few weeks back. So invariably, whenever talksport post “Grealish to Man City done deal £100m” neutrals (and City fans) bet on it, the odds shorten, Villa fans see the odds widening and think “I can make some good money here”. So there’s a constant shortening and widening of the odds.

also I guess you guys probably missed it but Collymoore who sat with Jack’s dad at the Euro semis basically indicated to Twitter he’d signed/signing a new deal at Villa. He also posted a picture with Jack after the final saying he couldn’t wait to see him in a Villa shirt next season. If Jack was to turn round and go City now, Collymoore has either been on a massive wind up, or Jack has suddenly changed his mind. We’ve had it before (with Delph) but this would hurt more coming from a local lad.
But that’s where we are, there’s a fair amount of delusion in every fan base and Man City is certainly no exception. The good thing is he is back from Croatia this weekend so we’ll know the score by Monday/Tuesday.
Don’t gamble anything you’re not willing to lose.
I enjoyed your post till the bit on Collymore. He is a pathological liar and fantasist. I wouldn't believe a single word he said. He's the man who posted a picture of a broken snake when Delph suffered a career-threatening injury. He represents everything bad about the modern football media.

If you was Jack,would you turn us down and sign a new deal at Villa?
Would you let all them potential winner medals slip through your fingers,just to stay at your boyhood club?
Virtually every player Pep has coached,has said he's improved them,would you turn that chance down?
Genuine question.
I would stay at Villa 100%. If I were a Barry, Delph, Milner and had no prior affinity to the club, then yeah, go win trophies.
but Grealish and his family have a deep rooted love for the football club. And no doubt, he could go to you and win 2-3 trophies every year. But would it mean more to win that one trophy or captain us back into the top 4 for example.
He signed a new deal after we came 17th because he believes in the project. We know have an unlimited pot to piss in (not as big as yours but not too far off). We’ve improved year on year and until Grealish stops believing in the project, I think he stays. I could well be wrong but that’s the feeling I get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.