Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe panicked the wrong word but which club wouldn't be worried about losing their star player, captain, talisman etc etc. Even with 100m burning a hole in their pocket and the ability to make full squad improvements, losing Grealish significantly weakens Villa and their whole negotiating stance. In the same way we market ourselves to new players as being coached by Pep and playing with KDB, they obviously say to new signings you can play with JG. Losing him is a worry for a club like them, however good (which it is!) the deal is
Not sure it does.

You lose him but bring in 4 top class players, that's an upgrade long term, and gives you a chance to get well into the top 1/2 of the table.

Villa are getting a decent squad together.

Signing another contract within a year of signing his last one. Clearly there is misinformation somewhere along the line
It does happen. He’s on £120k a week atm. What should he be on? £200k+ this is why they renew a contract a year on. Am I mistaken that Ederson is to receive a new contract a year after a signing his? Until 2028?

If Jack was to turn round and go City now, Collymoore has either been on a massive wind up, or Jack has suddenly changed his mind.
Doesn’t mean Collymore is a massive wum. Means he’s a fucking idiot. According to an ex player of yours that is still well connected and loves Villa, Grealish agreed to move to City before the Euros and I believe him over Collymore.

If Grealish comes to City, it’s not because of a sudden change of heart, he agreed personal terms months ago.

Grealish is a great player but in absolutely no world he is worth £100m. If that's what Villa want, they're never getting it - but I highly doubt that it is. Anything above £80m is just increasingly cheeky. Three digits is laughable. I think the £85-88m range is where a deal might happen.

Now moved to 8/11 overnight.

yeah, I know what you mean in terms of insight @marcus - I was really just flagging it up in case blues wanted to have a nibble.
(those 5/6 and now 8/11 were a bit of an outlier with skybet - most odds are more like 4/11 or 2/5 now).
My gut feeling is the longer it goes on the less likely it is.

i mentioned in either this thread or the harry kane one.. i do work for a fella who has ‘knowledge’ of whats going on.
He said the grealish deal was agreed before the euros and it was up to him to say yay or nay.
we’ll see

Not sure it does.

You lose him but bring in 4 top class players, that's an upgrade long term, and gives you a chance to get well into the top 1/2 of the table.

Villa are getting a decent squad together.
This is possible in a hypothetical world but would rip the heart out the club. Last season With Grealish we had 2ppg and 1ppg without. That’s relegation contenders and top 4 contenders. Take him out you’ve got try make a 40point gap whilst also trying to convince the incoming players we’re not a 40point a season team without our main man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.