Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like about our owners and backroom staff is that they tell the journalists, Martin Blackburn and Jack Gaughan the truth about our transfer business

giphy.gif

I'm supposed to be back at work on Monday so if this and preferably Kane could be done before that I would be grateful. I wanna have time to really read all the happy comments from other fans.
Thanks in advance.

Maybe they want to wait till after holiday (to do the media stuff), maybe it hasn’t and they’re using the media leaks to get a better contract, maybe he’s off to City and hasn’t signed a new deal. I don’t know

Transfers regularly get to advanced stages, with something then cropping up at the last minute that stops them going ahead. I'm sure Villa have their own versions of sagas we've had in the past Jorginho, Sanchez, Falcao etc. But it does feel like this is more likely to happen than not. There were rumours at the Champs League final that people had been told from good sources Grealish had agreed to join City and that optimism hasn't changed throughout the summer. Usually reliable posters on here have been told this is happening and are now saying its possibly quite soon.

The media reporting seems to have picked up this week as well, with talk of bids going in. Late interest from Chelsea, Villa offering an extension etc.

Obviously no transfer is ever 'done' until officially confirmed, but it does feel its building towards him signing. If not, he could have ended all this speculation with a social media post (John Stones did this last summer, albeit in different circumstances). In my opinion the only thing that will stop this from happening is if he has a last minute change of heart. He might want to leave now, but when he gets back and starts saying goodbye to the club he's supported all his life, knowing next time he returns to Villa Park he's going to get loads of abuse, he might not be able to do that when push comes to shove...

also I guess you guys probably missed it but Collymoore who sat with Jack’s dad at the Euro semis basically indicated to Twitter he’d signed/signing a new deal at Villa. He also posted a picture with Jack after the final saying he couldn’t wait to see him in a Villa shirt next season. If Jack was to turn round and go City now, Collymoore has either been on a massive wind up, or Jack has suddenly changed his mind. We’ve had it before (with Delph) but this would hurt more coming from a local lad...
Nope it was put on here and he didn't "basically" indicate any such thing.

I'm sorry but if you're putting your faith in a couple of Tweets from Collymore of all people then you're really scraping the barrel.

Note the spelling BTW, I'd have thought a Villa fan would have known that but then we do have posters on here who still can't spell Sterling s name yet.

Hi Villa fan here, just to bring a bit of clarity:
This isn’t true, No villa fan thinks 200m + KDB is a suitable offer. Think most are in the camp £120m, although there are strong rumours (denied by our manager and CEO) that he has a buyout clause. If that’s £100m, he goes for £100m. Our fans don’t think Foden isn’t half the player Grealish is. IMO, they are similar ability now, Foden has higher ceiling.

here’s the Villa take on the transfer:
Just as you have your ITK’s saying Grealish is a done deal, our ITK’s are saying he’s 100% staying/signed a deal a few weeks back. So invariably, whenever talksport post “Grealish to Man City done deal £100m” neutrals (and City fans) bet on it, the odds shorten, Villa fans see the odds widening and think “I can make some good money here”. So there’s a constant shortening and widening of the odds.

also I guess you guys probably missed it but Collymoore who sat with Jack’s dad at the Euro semis basically indicated to Twitter he’d signed/signing a new deal at Villa. He also posted a picture with Jack after the final saying he couldn’t wait to see him in a Villa shirt next season. If Jack was to turn round and go City now, Collymoore has either been on a massive wind up, or Jack has suddenly changed his mind. We’ve had it before (with Delph) but this would hurt more coming from a local lad.
But that’s where we are, there’s a fair amount of delusion in every fan base and Man City is certainly no exception. The good thing is he is back from Croatia this weekend so we’ll know the score by Monday/Tuesday.
Don’t gamble anything you’re not willing to lose.

The only things Collymore is ITK about is chinning women and rubbing himself off in the bushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.