Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how much you want the player. Or the likelihood the player nevers leaves
If City break the PL record for most expensive transfer they are going to tell Aston Villa to do one if they ask for a % of his next possible transfer. This is not the kind of transfer where you would see that clause used.

I would stay at Villa 100%. If I were a Barry, Delph, Milner and had no prior affinity to the club, then yeah, go win trophies.
but Grealish and his family have a deep rooted love for the football club. And no doubt, he could go to you and win 2-3 trophies every year. But would it mean more to win that one trophy or captain us back into the top 4 for example.
He signed a new deal after we came 17th because he believes in the project. We know have an unlimited pot to piss in (not as big as yours but not too far off). We’ve improved year on year and until Grealish stops believing in the project, I think he stays. I could well be wrong but that’s the feeling I get
Professional footballers follow the cash and do what is right for their career. There are odd exceptions who make fanciful romantic decisions (Shearer comes to mind) but not many. Very few clubs have ‘fans’ playing for them - they secure the best services they can afford in order to achieve success, whatever that may look like for their respective team. I don’t know anything about JG but I would expect him to make his decisions based on logic and advice. Your post is that of a fan - do not confuse players and fans. David Silva was the best we ever had (arguably). He was a City player, not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.