Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably as simple as he wants to go and ~100m is A LOT of money for them. It doesn't matter how wealthy their owners are, that's A LOT of money.

It is a lot of money but, if they'd accept it, why then offer Grealish a new contract at the same time?

Not clued up about t at all but I don't see why the player and agent would want to set the bar that high. If they wanted to protect their future interests and negotiate an out then you make it a low hurdle?

All very speculative as per usual on a transfer forum

That makes sense, too. But release clauses are never low, really, particularly not for players like Grealish - maybe his agent thought phrasing ~£90m as "British Transfer Record" would make it sound massive while actually still being something that the Big Boys might be willing to reach if push came to shove. Like you say, though, just idle speculation.

Definitely mate bang on regarding Ake think city are carful regarding transfers as we’ve been shown up in the past in a public bidding war disaster unless we tempt the rags to gazzump us by the odd £20 million.
We play our cards a lot closer now think this why sky cream themselves on us when they get a sniff.
Well in that case the Shiek needs to buy a fucking bigger model.

Very interesting timing for this to break. Villa's away kit launch tomorrow and I would assume Grealish is going to be missing.

I think this is done, I think he has a release clause and we've negotiated it down from £100m to say £75m-£90m, on the basis that we keep quiet until they can make a big signing, to avoid them getting rinsed. Leon Bailey looking like their target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.