Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I just said, forgot she was talking in Euros. Can certainly us getting both if we get Grealish for around £85m.

In fact, I'd say that's the plan. 85 on him, 130 on Kane, another few grand on Pep's cigars when we win the league again.
Thats more like it !! ;)

I fully expect Stan Collymore’s next two Sunday People columns to be absolutely glorious, utterly spectacular examples of Citeh Bingo. Every single card will be played. His meltdown will be staggeringly amazing. We will be feasting on his bitterness for decades. He might end up having to emigrate
That twat would get phobias leaving the Bullring.

I personally feel the term ‘World Class’ gets banded around too often these days, and I would not say that Jack is world class just yet, although if his game continues to improve on the same trajectory that it has been then he could become one of the world’s best.

It’s difficult to tell exactly how he would perform and what his role would be at City when he is playing in a team like ours where his ball carrying and ability to win free kicks is so vital for us when it comes to reliving pressure, and getting us up the pitch. He would now be playing in a team that will have the lion’s share of possession every week, but without the hindrance of being doubled up on as he has been on many occasions for us. He is comfortable receiving the ball anywhere, never hides and just has this magic ability to freeze defenders. His weight of pass is mostly exquisite, and he is much quicker than people give him credit for.

I think in the past he was one of those players who I felt having watched a fair bit of football in my time (I’m 39 btw) that I didn’t need the stats to tell me that he was a good player, but over the last 18 months or so his game has just skyrocketed, and he now has the numbers to back up his natural talent.

Honestly, if you get him, I think you’ll love him. He’s labelled as a diver, I can’t say that he never dives but he does get kicked a lot.

If you get a spare 5 minutes, try and find some extended highlights from the 7-2 Liverpool game, he was unplayable that night, and besides that it’s always fun to watch the scousers take a kicking! :)
Cheers.

Lovely to have a supporter who has watched him on a weekly basis for years back up exactly what i have been saying about him.

If you get a spare 5 minutes, try and find some extended highlights from the 7-2 Liverpool game, he was unplayable that night, and besides that it’s always fun to watch the scousers take a kicking! :)

That was my favourite non City game last season. It was glorious seeing the bin dippers get hammered. They complained that their defence went to shit after VVD got injured, but he played in that game & they still shipped 7.

He was very good in that game.

Last edited:
Over on villa Talk they keep praising the Villa owners for what they have done for "their" club what am i missing ? All i see is they are about to sell the only player with any value at the club, and probably replace him with much lower grade shite ,hence weakening the team. surely i am missing something? Have they revamped Villa Park? Have they built a world class training facility? All they did was save them from Bankruptcy by paying off their debts, what exactly are they going to do to make villa world-beaters within two seasons, that the villa fans are getting all moist about ?

I have a grudging respect for Villa because the voted with us against FFP recognising that it was just a means to ensure that the richer clubs stayed rich enough to prey on the poorer clubs' star players.

Thanks to FFP, clubs like Villa aren't able to invest to improve. If they had voted in favour of FFP, I'd be laughing at their predicament. As it is, you can only shrug your shoulders and say, "that's FFP for you !"

On a separtate point, as for their fans, living in the Midlands and having travelled with them on the train back to Birmingham after the League Cup Final, I don't think they are any worse than most. Certainly, I had not a word of trouble.

I would expect that City are at this stage due to Grealish giving City the thumbs up, otherwise what the point of discussing this any further with Villa,irrespective of Villa giving any more I don`t think they would/could match Citys salary and bonuses.
The CL is an added bonus also.

John Terry and Lionel Messi haven't been above using us to drive up contract offers from their current clubs. I would be disappointed but not surprised if Grealish's camp are just trying to squeeze every last penny out of Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.