Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha!

Bloodied, but still holding my corner.

The good thing is most of these punters hit like girls!

Must be getting old, because while £100M is a nice round number for the papers, it sounds like about £30M too much, even for flavor of the month.
Yes, I’d expect him to cost more (English, young, broke into England team, erc..) but not be 50% more than our previous record, or a new British transfer record. I still remember the days of £1M Trevor Francis & £1.4M Steve Daley. Let’s hope he turns out more like the former than the latter, if he comes!

It’s not my money, but if it were it would not be getting spent at that level. Maybe there are homegrown or FFP factors we don’t fully know yet that make it feasible or reasonable, and I do think he is at least a 40% premium to Ben White (Arsenal paid top whack there!), but it seems like throwing money at a problem we don’t really have.

If Bernardo is being held until Grealish signs, and we are getting most of the money back, then maybe it’s not a ridiculous “trade,” but just smacks of desperation, tbh.
Okay, transfer fee debate aside. How exactly does buying Grealish smack of desperation? Let's not even consider Bernardo staying or going. You've admitted yourself it's not a problem we really have, so maybe, it's not desperation, rather ruthlessness and further improvement where possible?

Don’t know why, just have a bad feeling about this. Not sure he’ll have the balls to go through with the move
Think Grealish has too much to gain from moving to get cold feet. His stock went up immensely over the Euros gaining an audience beyond just hard core football fans. Moving to a higher profile club will bring him sponsorships he wouldn't get staying at Villa. That's not even mentioning all the other obvious reasons he'd keep his nerve and join us.

Okay, transfer fee debate aside. How exactly does buying Grealish smack of desperation? Let's not even consider Bernardo staying or going. You've admitted yourself it's not a problem we really have, so maybe, it's not desperation, rather ruthlessness and further improvement where possible?
”Yes, but how did you enjoy the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

The two things… Fee & smacks of desperation …are inexorably intertwined. There is no “yeah, but other than that…” question to be had.

Paying that sum for that player IS the “smacks of desperation” event.

In all seriousness do you think we as a club are unsure if Jack Grealish wants to sign for us?

Bollocks, this deals negotiations started a long time ago, the season is a week away, we as a club know exactly what is going on, otherwise we would have moved on.
Agree with this but I will add when a player has such an emotional connection with the selling club it does increase the likelihood of a last minute change of heart.

(That isn’t me saying I think that’s what happened just pointing out it is a possibility and one city wouldnt know about until last minute)

Considering this transfer will of been in the works for months I've no idea how he comes to the conclusion of desperation. It's not like peps just decided on getting him in the last week lol

”Yes, but how did you enjoy the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

The two things… Fee & smacks of desperation …are inexorably intertwined. There is no “yeah, but other than that…” question to be had.

Paying that sum for that player IS the “smacks of desperation” event.

Not sure I follow. If Pep has followed Grealish for one, two or three years and has said to Txixi ‘I want this player’ how is that desperate even if the fee is perhaps £20m than we have hoped/expected to pay? Same will apply for Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.