Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of Villa fans seem convinced that Grealish will stay out of loyalty & his love for Villa ... but it seems impossible that City would table a £100m bid if Grealish / his agent hadn't made it clear that he was very interested indeed in joining us.

That said, we've seen from past transfer sagas that players do sometimes have a last minute change of heart.

Feel like Chicago is getting the dogs for a very unstupid opinion recently
Haha!

Bloodied, but still holding my corner.

The good thing is most of these punters hit like girls!

Must be getting old, because while £100M is a nice round number for the papers, it sounds like about £30M too much, even for flavor of the month.
Yes, I’d expect him to cost more (English, young, broke into England team, erc..) but not be 50% more than our previous record, or a new British transfer record. I still remember the days of £1M Trevor Francis & £1.4M Steve Daley. Let’s hope he turns out more like the former than the latter, if he comes!

It’s not my money, but if it were it would not be getting spent at that level. Maybe there are homegrown or FFP factors we don’t fully know yet that make it feasible or reasonable, and I do think he is at least a 40% premium to Ben White (Arsenal paid top whack there!), but it seems like throwing money at a problem we don’t really have.

If Bernardo is being held until Grealish signs, and we are getting most of the money back, then maybe it’s not a ridiculous “trade,” but just smacks of desperation, tbh.

Haha!

Bloodied, but still holding my corner.

The good thing is most of these punters hit like girls!

Must be getting old, because while £100M is a nice round number for the papers, it sounds like about £30M too much, even for flavor of the month.
Yes, I’d expect him to cost more (English, young, broke into England team, erc..) but not be 50% more than our previous record, or a new British transfer record. I still remember the days of £1M Trevor Francis & £1.4M Steve Daley. Let’s hope he turns out more like the former than the latter, if he comes!

It’s not my money, but if it were it would not be getting spent at that level. Maybe there are homegrown or FFP factors we don’t fully know yet that make it feasible or reasonable, and I do think he is at least a 40% premium to Ben White (Arsenal paid top whack there!), but it seems like throwing money at a problem we don’t really have.

If Bernardo is being held until Grealish signs, and we are getting most of the money back, then maybe it’s not a ridiculous “trade,” but just smacks of desperation, tbh.
I’m trying to square it away in my head with the knowledge that slabhead cost £80m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.