Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
”Yes, but how did you enjoy the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

The two things… Fee & smacks of desperation …are inexorably intertwined. There is no “yeah, but other than that…” question to be had.

Paying that sum for that player IS the “smacks of desperation” event.
This is just a question of language and semantics. Desperation can mean to desire something because you understand the positive possibilities of possessing the thing you desire, whereas it can also mean to desire something as you understand the negative implications of not having it. For instance, a billionaire can be desperate for their new yacht to be completed because they can't wait to enjoy it and a smack-head can be desperate for their next fix knowing it will temporarily stop the pain and anguish they feel. Our desperation falls under the former category.

I think you are right, £100m for a player who is 25 who has had one good season seem bizarre to me. £50 to 60m seems about right.
It's about what he's worth to Villa. He's their best player by quite a distance and has been at the heart of their midfield for 6 years. He's just entering his peak years after being at the club in some capacity since he was 6 years old. If the price of losing that kind of valuable talisman is £100m then we have to pay it. It's that simple.

What makes you think he can repeat last season for the next five? Its a risk isn't it? And a big one at £100m.

City make transfer mistakes like every club and so does Pep.
Every transfer carries risk. IMO Grealish carries less risk than most because his talent is glaring. The biggest question mark I would have are whether he can adapt from a side where he is the main man, to a side where he is a cog and not the cog. It took Mahrez 18 a season to adapt.

Tired of seeing this negative shit from you and Chicago whatever.

The club have decided Jack Grealish can improve us and have decided on a budget to secure him.

It may turn out to be a mistake or it may work our beautifully. No one knows for sure but clearly the club are happy with the probability of success.

You have registered your doubts now give it a rest and let’s see what happens.
Are you indeed lol.

Oh dear, tired of reading something that you don't agree with.

I've got news for you pal, I don't have to agree with you or anyone else.

what are you some kind of self appointed blue moon policeman?

This is a forum for fans to voice their opinion.

You don't like mine scroll past or ignore.

The reaction to this transfer over on the murderers forum is exactly how you'd imagine. That, coupled with Tolmie's posts this morning have made for an outstanding start to the week. And what a week it looks to be.

The knicker wetting on here when we bought Kyle Walker was akin to this not worth the money blah blah.
It has not worked out to badly.
Everyone is worth what someone is prepared to pay.Yes every transfer is a risk but im sure City have done thier homework.We could have done what Juventus do Aaron Ramsey free transfer then pay the fee in wages £400 grand a week imagine the outrage if we did that!

The only thing that stops this deal is if Jack has a change of mind. He is a villa fan so its not impossible that he does, but I think that is very unlikely.

What we know is
Fee is agreed
Personal terms agreed
Jack wants to come.

The club can't do anymore than we have if it doesn't happen now its down to the players change of mind.

But im still confident this happens. Most deals especially high profile ones like this goe through the same pattern RE: Rumores, and villa will want to control that up and till the end.

The reaction to this transfer over on the murderers forum is exactly how you'd imagine. That, coupled with Tolmie's posts this morning have made for an outstanding start to the week. And what a week it looks to be.
What's Tolmie said I can't be mithered looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.