Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re paying about £30m too much for Grealish, it is utter madness, I hope we stay away from £150m Kane.
We were never going to get him for £70m(would have been nice), £75 with rest coming in bonus incentives is much more palatable, lets hope that rumour is true.

For all the "he's overpriced just because he's English" talk though, people need to realise the commercial value a player like that brings. I saw someone likening him to Beckham in his star quality. I can actually see that too, it's more about the global attention he could receive, than it is about his talent(although that's there too and an important part of it). KDB is already world class, one of the best, if not the best in his position, universally admired but I have a feeling Grealish' commercial value potential is still higher.

The clamour for him at the Euros was already at ridiculous levels, with no CL games under his belt. I think he could improve as a player massively under Pep's tutelage. So we're getting more than just a good player, with lots of potential on the field with him. We are getting a player with big commercial value off the field too, which could potentially help the club massively financially, in the long run, if everything pans out well.

It's just unfortunate that the pundits and commentators, will change his name to £100m, the minute he signs for City(even if it's £75 plus add-ons). That's what people are really bothered about. The attempts to discredit anything City achieve before they do it, are already happening and will continue to happen, even if City don't buy Grealish or Kane though. If it was one of their darling clubs, the media would all be singing a different tune. They'd be saying it's proof of how good he is, how well he's done, how well the club did to land their target(showing how successful/big they are), all positive spin. When all we get is negative spin.

I really don't fancy hearing £130m(Kane) every week though. He's 28 and wants to leave and he's already given them many of his best years. Spurs are so Spursy with their outgoing transfers.

Last edited:
No one is worth £100m. It’s ridiculous. Who cares? The game “went” years before we could afford to buy some of the crap we did 20 years ago.
the only people bothered about the cost of players are sad farts who like to bleat about “net spend”.
It makes no difference if we pay £10m or £100m for a player.
Great post. I can remember watching Elton Welsby being all wet amongst the legs when Bryan Robson was set at £3m when Italian teams wanted him in the early 80s and Ron Atkinson was being all smug and jiggle jangle jewelry jewelry about it. A natural progression

Having followed this thread avidly and laughed at the snippets lifted from Villa fans about how much of a bigger and more successful club Villa are than City I caught a bit of Talkshite this evening.

Soton fans (and others) laying into Ings for leaving the Saints to go to Villa!

They can't believe it and we're saying "could understand it if he went somewhere like City or the Rags but Villa!!! A side ways move according to them.

Hope Collymore and that fiddle player were listening :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.