Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was already discussed here. Ferna is going this summer, Gundo can split his minutes between 8 and 6 positions

That's a fucking awful idea in my opinion.

I love Gundo and he's a capable 6, but this season has shown us that in certain games there is no substitute for a quick, physical number 6 who knows all the dark arts of the position. Fern at 35 has shown why Pep always needed someone hard to cut through the nonsense. Keita at Barcelona was a key player in some massive games despite Busquets/Initesta/Xavi being one of the best midfields ever. Pep needed Vidal at Bayern for the same reasons.

Like I said in my original post, it's different because Messi is Messi.

You know it's short term, probably 2 seasons, and the commercial side of things and the fact he's the best player on the planet bar none justifies doing something stupid like having a top for a year or two or selling someone for a stupidly low price in a covid deflated market.

Players put up with playing less than they should because they know it's only short term and they get to tell their grandkids they played with the greatest of all time. Youth prospects don't want to leave because they get to train with him.
I’m curious how long do you see Gundogan, Kevin and Mahrez playing at top level twice a week?

How is this different from being close to signing Messi last summer? Obviously not comparing players

Confession time: I didn't want Messi last summer. Eventually, I got dragged into wanting the bragging rights but I wasn't sold on the footballing side of things.

Same thing with that Lyon midfielder who consists mostly of vowels.

I don't like us bloating the squad because I'd prefer we supplemented our first team with academy players more often.

I’m curious how long do you see Gundogan, Kevin and Mahrez playing at top level twice a week?

You're creating a strawman where the only players we have are KDB, Gundogan and Mahrez.

Why would they play 2 games a week every week? We already have Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden, Sterling, Jesus and Ferran Torres in the squad. Christ, Mahrez has only played about 40% of our minutes since he arrived and you think he's going to be over worked?!

Also you're doing the weird FIFA-generation thing where people pretend you turn into a old man at 30. David Silva was playing every single game without any problem until he was 33, when age did effect him although he still managed 50 games. Fernandinho the same.

Age is not a valid reason to buy someone this summer.

I may have said it before but I would be open to loaning out Ferran next season if we signed Haaland and Grealish. He needs regular game time and it's difficult to see him getting it with all that competition. He would probably be behind Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish and maybe even Bernardo and Jesus in the pecking order for wide positions.

The right loan move to aid his development and he could replace Mahrez in the squad the season after.

The difficult part would be selling it to the player.

Edit: Only if we signed players in his positions though.

Last edited:
If we signed Grealish and Haaland I'd be very happy?
But have we got £200mill-£250mill to spend on two players, even though they are great players?

Linking KDB, Foden, and Grealish would be fantastic. There wouldn't be a better or more creative midfield in the PL, perhaps in Europe, for years to come.

You're creating a strawman where the only players we have are KDB, Gundogan and Mahrez.
No I’m singling them out because of age. As I said, this player seems tailor made for us even if he’s only more frequently featured in the season after, but it would be a matter of losing him to United now and not seeing a similar homegrown option with a relatively doable clause anywhere. And I’m not factoring in losing any of the players you mentioned either this or next summer

No I’m singling them out because of age. As I said, this player seems tailor made for us even if he’s only more frequently featured in the season after, but it would be a matter of losing him to United now and not seeing a similar homegrown option with a relatively doable clause anywhere. And I’m not factoring in losing any of the players you mentioned either this or next summer

Apparently you didn't read this so I'm just going to post it again.

Why would they play 2 games a week every week? We already have Bernardo Silva, Phil Foden, Sterling, Jesus and Ferran Torres in the squad. Christ, Mahrez has only played about 40% of our minutes since he arrived and you think he's going to be over worked?!

Also you're doing the weird FIFA-generation thing where people pretend you turn into a old man at 30. David Silva was playing every single game without any problem until he was 33, when age did effect him although he still managed 50 games. Fernandinho the same.

Age is not a valid reason to buy someone this summer.

I may have said it before but I would be open to loaning out Ferran next season, especially if we signed Haaland and Grealish. He needs regular game time and it's difficult to see him getting it with all that competition. He would probably be behind Foden, Sterling, Mahrez, Grealish and maybe even Bernardo and Jesus in the pecking order for wide positions.

The right loan move to aid his development and he could replace Mahrez in the squad the season after.

The difficult part would be selling it to the player.
I’m struggling to see a place for Ferran next season given what he’s shown this season and I’m someone that welcomed him already thinking he would be a player for 21/22 more than this season, but he’s struggling more than I expected. Obviously if Covid was indeed a big part of this it’s not just his fault

I’m struggling to see a place for Ferran next season given what he’s shown this season and I’m someone that welcomed him already thinking he would be a player for 21/22 more than this season, but he’s struggling more than I expected. Obviously if Covid was indeed a big part of this it’s not just his fault

Oh I see. You're one of those people.

The kind that's watched Guardiola buy half a dozen young players who all did nothing special in their first 6-12 months only to kick into gear in the second season, but hasn't learned anything from it.

The kind who's already forgotten how he stood up and delivered for us in September/October when we had a quarter of the squad injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.