Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want Grealish, he's too similar to what we have and not as good imo. If he or anybody in that position is coming in then its surely at the expense of sterling. I'm fine with him going but any replacement in my eyes would have to have comparable pace and movement off the ball, it's sorely lacking in our side at times. The only way I see a Grealish for sterling change is if the striker we brought in had that electric pace to compensate like an Mbappe rather than the rumoured Kane.

How often do we see electric pace in our side? Our widemen rarely go past players,they cut inside and/or pass,speed of play is what we do best.
That said,if you think Grealish is slow you're mistaken,his acceleration is superb and what makes that even better is his retention of the ball,something Sterling is abysmal at.

Why do you think he's not as good? what are his weaknesses in comparison to Mahrez or Sterling?

How often do we see electric pace in our side? Our widemen rarely go past players,they cut inside and/or pass,speed of play is what we do best.
That said,if you think Grealish is slow you're mistaken,his acceleration is superb and what makes that even better is his retention of the ball,something Sterling is abysmal at.

Why do you think he's not as good? what are his weaknesses in comparison to Mahrez or Sterling?
You don't, that's my point. When sterling is on the pitch, just his mere presence means teams can't push right up against our creators because of the threat behind and it gives 2/3 other players an extra few yards to get on the ball. There's also plenty of times we use sterling's pace on transition or counters (only for him to balls it up) it's less about dribbling past players at pace and more the movement in behind or just the threat of it. I think that's why sterling plays a lot even when he's in poor form because we have nobody else in the side with that pace.

Never said Grealish is slow but he comes to the ball to receive it, we need somebody who will run away from it, you can't have a team of creators and nobody to create for.

Me not thinking Grealish is as good as Foden or mahrez doesn't mean I think he is bad, I just don't think he offers anything we don't already have in abundance and we would be much better off as a squad with a player who will run off the ball for the likes of kdb, foden Bernardo, gundogan and mahrez to feed.

You don't, that's my point. When sterling is on the pitch, just his mere presence means teams can't push right up against our creators because of the threat behind and it gives 2/3 other players an extra few yards to get on the ball. There's also plenty of times we use sterling's pace on transition or counters (only for him to balls it up) it's less about dribbling past players at pace and more the movement in behind or just the threat of it. I think that's why sterling plays a lot even when he's in poor form because we have nobody else in the side with that pace.

Never said Grealish is slow but he comes to the ball to receive it, we need somebody who will run away from it, you can't have a team of creators and nobody to create for.

Me not thinking Grealish is as good as Foden or mahrez doesn't mean I think he is bad, I just don't think he offers anything we don't already have in abundance and we would be much better off as a squad with a player who will run off the ball for the likes of kdb, foden Bernardo, gundogan and mahrez to feed.
Fair comment and opinion.Maybe Torres is that player to run off the ball when needed? Palmer could be that player too?
I think Grealish offers more than Mahrez and Sterling (and also Jesus if he is now a winger) and is on an equal footing to Foden and Bernardo.Given Pep's preferred style of play,i can see those three,as well as Kev,being the main stay of our side going into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.