Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s anything special. A good player but not a great one. Hasn’t got the pace we need for lw and quite right footed, so if he plays lw he will be like a slower version of sterling. If he came to play attacking midfield he’d be well behind de bruyne, Bernardo anfd foden for me. Since he’s likely to cost more than 40m I just can’t see the upside for that kind of money.

Modern day footballers should peak between 28-32 if they don't get any serious injuries. Don't understand the dislike of him, he's top quality.
I don't dislike him. My point simply was there are thirty year old players that can be THE best. The Grealish is Grealish part was just acknowledging he will likely never be the same class as Zidane. Apologies if I was not clear.

Modern sport science has probably bumped that up a bit tbf. For instance you can hardly see KDB dropping off a cliff in two years and Fernandinho and Touré had possibly their best seasons for us past 30. Grealish could peak before 30 but it's an unknown really.

Besides, Grealish could be top quality for City in some way or form even if his peak is only 27.

True mate. I guess how you look after yourself plays a role in longevity of players too.

Modern sport science has probably bumped that up a bit tbf. For instance you can hardly see KDB dropping off a cliff in two years and Fernandinho and Touré had possibly their best seasons for us past 30. Grealish could peak before 30 but it's an unknown really.

Besides, Grealish could be top quality for City in some way or form even if his peak is only 27.

And Wayne Rooney is the counter-example. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.