Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where have you read we paid £109m for him, I must have missed it.
That is the price that has been making the transfer rumors though.
Well regardless if we pay anything more than we paid for Mahrez then it is a scam because Mahrez was a much more accomplished footballer when we bought him. Don’t think he is actually worth as much as Mahrez because how can your traits be “he is a good at dribbling and can also win you fouls”

Well regardless if we pay anything more than we paid for Mahrez then it is a scam because Mahrez was a much more accomplished footballer when we bought him. Don’t think he is actually worth as much as Mahrez because how can your traits be “he is a good at dribbling and can also win you fouls”

To be fair, Grealish plays more key passes per game than anyone in the league except De Bruyne. Only three players had more assists than him last season, and they all played for better teams than Villa (just about, in Kane's case).

Statistically at least his output is actually fairly similar to De Bruyne's, he just dribbles more and crosses less than Kev.

Again, not 100% sure we need him, compared to some other positions, but he absolutely has the necessary attributes and end product to be successful at City

I’m, personally, reluctant to back signing Grealish and certainly for over £100m. However...
It’s not “a scam”:
a. Grealish is English.
b. Grealish is nearly 2 years younger than Mahrez was.
c. Mahrez had been seriously agitating for a move for like a year/18 months before we signed him, Grealish hasn’t.
d. Grealish is on a longer contract than Mahrez was.
e. 3 years ago Mahrez was our record signing. Inflation, rapid as it is in football, has happened over the last 3 years in spite of Covid-19. Mahrez would have cost more today.

And in response to the rest, Grealish’s best attribute may be dribbling but he has a fantastic delivery, work rate, and he seems a decent finisher.

Finally, I don’t actually believe City will spend over £100M on Grealish and if a deal does get done I’m sure you would probably be less outraged at the transfer (my guess £70m-£90m).

To be fair, Grealish plays more key passes per game than anyone in the league except De Bruyne. Only three players had more assists than him last season, and they all played for better teams than Villa (just about, in Kane's case).

Statistically at least his output is actually fairly similar to De Bruyne's, he just dribbles more and crosses less than Kev.

Again, not 100% sure we need him, compared to some other positions, but he absolutely has the necessary attributes and end product to be successful at City
Wow fairly similar stats to Kev, just this season when kev was in and out of the team, kevs stats when he has been fit with us are not similar to grealish at all and his stats before we bought him were much greater than grealish.

Well we would have to disagree about him having adequate end product to justify paying 100m for him. Similar players like him in coutinho and Mahrez are known for their ability to cut inside and shoot with their strong foot. How many times have you seen him do that and it works, we can talk about him being a gifted player and all but at the end of the day goals are more important than successful dribbles or fouls won

Wow fairly similar stats to Kev, just this season when kev was in and out of the team, kevs stats when he has been fit with us are not similar to grealish at all and his stats before we bought him were much greater than grealish.

Well we would have to disagree about him having adequate end product to justify paying 100m for him. Similar players like him in coutinho and Mahrez are known for their ability to cut inside and shoot with their strong foot. How many times have you seen him do that and it works, we can talk about him being a gifted player and all but at the end of the day goals are more important than successful dribbles or fouls won

Grealish and De Bruyne actually played a pretty similar number of minutes this season, as it happens. So De Bruyne being "in and out of the team" is irrelevant to the discussion

I'm not claiming Grealish is as good as De Bruyne, because he isn't. Just presenting some evidence that he does more than dribble and get fouled, which you seem to have some strange fixation on.

As you mentioned Mahrez, Grealish had more combined goals and assists than him this season, again playing in a mid-table Aston Villa side. I think he'd be fine at City.

Is he worth £100M? Debatable, but it's not utterly outlandish given the financial position Villa are in

I’m, personally, reluctant to back signing Grealish and certainly for over £100m. However...
It’s not “a scam”:
a. Grealish is English.
b. Grealish is nearly 2 years younger than Mahrez was.
c. Mahrez had been seriously agitating for a move for like a year/18 months before we signed him, Grealish hasn’t.
d. Grealish is on a longer contract than Mahrez was.
e. 3 years ago Mahrez was our record signing. Inflation, rapid as it is in football, has happened over the last 3 years in spite of Covid-19. Mahrez would have cost more today.

And in response to the rest, Grealish’s best attribute may be dribbling but he has a fantastic delivery, work rate, and he seems a decent finisher.

Finally, I don’t actually believe City will spend over £100M on Grealish and if a deal does get done I’m sure you would probably be less outraged at the transfer (my guess £70m-£90m).
Well Mahrez also had champions league experience, was the Pfa player of the year and Mahrez is definitely more marketable because he has the whole of Algeria behind him and some parts of france. How do you price those qualities? Grealish also turns 26 this year so I don’t know how much younger he is. If Grealish wants to move, why did he sign a new contract? If he is happy in Villa then that is his level, we saw how Mahrez forced a move and said he felt like he wasted some time in his career playing for leicester.

Well I said what I said, we don’t have to agree but 100m for Grealish to me is a scam. 70m is borderline foolishness and I can accept that because of inflation but anything above that is bad business.

I think you should watch him play and then draw your own conclusions as to what his traits are, rather than go on what you have heard or read because he is much more than what you currently believe him to be.

Surely you must also recognise that English players come with a premium.

Grealish and De Bruyne actually played a pretty similar number of minutes this season, as it happens. So De Bruyne being "in and out of the team" is irrelevant to the discussion

I'm not claiming Grealish is as good as De Bruyne, because he isn't. Just presenting some evidence that he does more than dribble and get fouled, which you seem to have some strange fixation on.

As you mentioned Mahrez, Grealish had more combined goals and assists than him this season, again playing in a mid-table Aston Villa side. I think he'd be fine at City.

Is he worth £100M? Debatable, but it's not utterly outlandish given the financial position Villa are in
So why are you using only this season? Well let us just forget this grealish and kev comparisons.

well are we trying to buy Mahrez from leicester now? compare Grealish to Mahrez from leicester when he was the main man of team and most of the attack went through him.

He literally signed a new deal last summer because he feels his level is at villa, So we don’t have to look at his direction because the valuation is a joke except if you think otherwise. Lol 100m for Grealish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.