Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but look at it the other way, he’s going to get more stick for denying and it then being true than admitting there is a release clause and the reason why. I think Sam’s being fed porkies.
Fair enough, but denying it now would be easier, given the new contract on table. They could easily spin this as 'we did all we could, but he made his mind up' and blame on his entourage for negotiations. No one would really question them on a release clause in the first place, because it would just be directed at the player's representatives wanting it for the initial contract extension. So many ways they can say they did it in good faith that player would be loyal and is Villa through and through etc.

Sam Lee's entire output seems to be like that now.
I stopped paying any attention to him, he may have some loose connections in city, but he covers his arse with every “update”. I stopped listening to the Athletic city podcast for the same reason, it was either “it could be..” or “in my article..” Sam now appears to be a journalist towing his pay masters line (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.