Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, 100%!

What does Grealish bring to the team? Based on what I’ve seen, he is another upper echelon attacking midfielder of which we have many. His form against teams that press high is poor (for him), he can be prone to lose possession, he only contributes ~15 goals per season as the top attacking player at Villa and he is a proper shithouse with a massive ego and drink driving record.

To pay £100 million for someone that doesn’t generate 25+ goals per season seems foolish, especially given his character flaws. Furthermore, he is likely a squad player and won’t get into the starting XI on some days. Anything over £50-60 million seems like too much; he isn’t a clearly better choice than Bernardo, Gundo, KdB etc.
The idea is to search for a player with a profile similar to David, Bernardo is one option, but he plays better off the right. David wasn't a 25 goals per season player. It's the same tempo quote again. Pep would play Foden in midfield but he does not because he said you need to be able to control and switch tempo playing in the middle compared to playing on the wing. Grealish can do that, he is up there as the ball carrier in Premier league, gets goals, can pick a pass out.

He is a very good player, and players like that don't come cheap these days, especially when big clubs try and pick them off their clubs. Whether the value is justified or not is always debatable, because let's be real, the market value does not reflect a player's quality in today's game. Maguire isn't a 90m centre back, but the rags got him anyway because they think he's important and can help them.

There is a clause.

Went on the villa forum someone whos like their tolmie said

That Grealish can leave if villa dont get europe, Dean smith promised him if they dont get europe he wont stand in jacks way with leaving and progressing his career all Grealish has to say is he wants to leave for a team in europe. Two enquires have come in from both manchester clubs
You might of misread it mate.

That is precisely the point of censorship, whether in the immediate or long-term future, and that’s what it was suggesting. No one here should be told what and when to post
Don’t let them get to you mate. Keep your chin up. You are entitled to your opinions good or bad. That’s the whole point of a forum. I for what it’s worth enjoy reading your posts. Don’t do anything rash! Mate.

The idea is to search for a player with a profile similar to David, Bernardo is one option, but he plays better off the right. David wasn't a 25 goals per season player. It's the same tempo quote again. Pep would play Foden in midfield but he does not because he said you need to be able to control and switch tempo playing in the middle compared to playing on the wing. Grealish can do that, he is up there as the ball carrier in Premier league, gets goals, can pick a pass out.

He is a very good player, and players like that don't come cheap these days, especially when big clubs try and pick them off their clubs. Whether the value is justified or not is always debatable, because let's be real, the market value does not reflect a player's quality in today's game. Maguire isn't a 90m centre back, but the rags got him anyway because they think he's important and can help them.
David Silva was a once in a decade type of player. He was one of the best midfielders in the world during the prime of his career. Grealish is not there yet.

I also don’t think more creativity, particularly in the midfield is a top priority for us - this window or even the next several. In my opinion, I think our top two priorities in order of importance are a clinical finisher and a marauding left-footed left back.

Whomever ends up filling the striker role is likely going to be a very expensive purchase. For the latter, I would really like to see us go for Renan Lodi at Athleti, which would probably cost £60 million. Paying £100 million for Grealish seems excessive for what he could add, especially given the needs elsewhere.

David Silva was a once in a decade type of player. He was one of the best midfielders in the world during the prime of his career. Grealish is not there yet.

I also don’t think more creativity, particularly in the midfield is a top priority for us - this window or even the next several. In my opinion, I think our top two priorities in order of importance are a clinical finisher and a marauding left-footed left back.

Whomever ends up filling the striker role is likely going to be a very expensive purchase. For the latter, I would really like to see us go for Renan Lodi at Athleti, which would probably cost £60 million. Paying £100 million for Grealish seems excessive for what he could add, especially given the needs elsewhere.
I agree that I wouldn't want to pay £100 million for Grealish, however, I feel these types of players have a lot of value in creating a deep squad. Players like Bernardo, Foden and Grealish are players that can play multiple positions and in case of injuries and rotation can go from the wing to midfield or possibly false 9. If you look at another team like Spurs for example you can't really do this with the likes of Winks, Ndombele, Lamela, Deli Ali or Lo Celso.

I don't know if we'd get Grealish, but assuming he came I would see him on the left wing for at least the first season, similar to Bernardo when he started on the wing. Midfield under Pep is difficult and you would need time to learn positioning, when to drop deep, when to go forward etc.

It depends on what Pep thinks we need for the left side. If it's a LB that would hug the wing ala Mendy or if wants a winger similar to what Mahrez does on the right.

Excellent player limited by the team around him and has been throughout his career. I don’t find him that unlikeable either, just has shit hair.

he absolutely bossed England V Belgium. Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, which included a pretty good ginger bloke.

stick him around good players in a team that dominates the ball and he will go up a level.

he also improves every other team in the league so it’s a yes from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.