Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if it is sterling, then we lose pace, directness, ability to beat a man and 20 goals a season (baring this season).

Lastly, though not that this matters on the pitch (mostof the time) - he comes across as a billy big bollocks

He brings exactly those qualities and more......He holds the ball up and brings others into play better than anyone in our current squad.

As for his character,yes he's made some daft decisions,but he has been frequently lauded by other professionals as a top lad who only wants to be the best and never gives less than 100%.

But football isn’t just about scoring goals. It’s about scoring one more than the opposition.

With the extra midfielder, we dominate possession so the opposition have very few chances to score.

So these dozens of other games you could mention....did we win them or not?

I’m not sure you’re replying to the point I was making. You can score one more than the opposition in a scenario where the reality of the game is fulfilled, and not count of chance for that.
Dominating possession has nothing to do with an extra midfielder or not. Again, I can give you countless examples of us playing two strikers and having unbelievable possession stats. Same with Pep’s Bayern. And you can also look at for instance the tactical setup at Anfield this year when we only had 44% possession.

& saying having a striker means we win more games isn’t simplistic?

Again, it would be simplistic, except that’s not what I was saying...

But do we need a striker at all?

We’ve hardly used strikers all season, even when Jesus plays it’s not in a traditional striker role, but we’re having maybe our best season ever with a tighter defence and goals coming from all directions as ‘midfielders’ interchange across the front making it impossible to mark out the striker that doesn’t exist

Our game play has evolved to become more fluid, we press better, we’re harder to pin down and we’re more effective for it. Perhaps this demonstrates how much we don’t need a striker?

It could be that the traditional striker role disappears from the game in future years, in the same way that traditional keepers who hug the line and can’t pass are now rightly seen as dinosaurs.
Yes we need a finisher......the amount of chances we waste is beyond a joke and in big games it culd come back to haunt us.

However there is no way that striker should eb Kane in my opinion.....overrated and a crock

I do find it strange that our main target is Haaland.....he is the finisher we require but is he able to play in a fluid system? - he seems more of a central striker who can also run the channel and who is a fantastic finisher. However maybe Pep thinkks he can convert him or maybe Pep is planning on changing the way we play.....
He brings exactly those qualities and more......He holds the ball up and brings others into play better than anyone in our current squad.

As for his character,yes he's made some daft decisions,but he has been frequently lauded by other professionals as a top lad who only wants to be the best and never gives less than 100%.
I did also say in a previous post about his ball retention being a quality....does he really bring othrs into play better than foden, kdb, jesus, gundogan or bernardo silva (marhrez can be greedy and not pass when he should and sterlign does lose the ball - but he is a dribbler so he will by design lose the ball more)
Agree on his work rate but baring Mahrez you could say that about our whole squad...esp the likes of sterling, bernardo foden, jesus and torres

As for other professionals lauding his character, I wouldnt use the judgement of the average premiership footballer to base an opinion on someone ...ever!

Why is there so much talk of us selling Sterling. If we buy Grealish we would keep both of them.

I don’t think grealish would play on the wing. I think he’d be competing with Bernardo

We often forget we only have saints in our squad... hehe

Why is there so much talk of us selling Sterling. If we buy Grealish we would keep both of them.

I don’t think grealish would play on the wing. I think he’d be competing with Bernardo
This has been talked about multiple times on the thread. The notion we would need to make room to bring him isn’t necessarily true

I’m not sure you’re replying to the point I was making. You can score one more than the opposition in a scenario where the reality of the game is fulfilled, and not count of chance for that.
Dominating possession has nothing to do with an extra midfielder or not. Again, I can give you countless examples of us playing two strikers and having unbelievable possession stats. Same with Pep’s Bayern. And you can also look at for instance the tactical setup at Anfield this year when we only had 44% possession.

Again, it would be simplistic, except that’s not what I was saying...
I think we’re going round in circles, so the last point I’ll make is that you saying it’s a lie that we have been playing better without a striker is nonsense in my opinion as we’ve won the league, LC & made the semi of the CL. We’ve never done that playing with a striker

If you have a different opinion, it doesn’t make mine or anyone else’s a lie. Hence me asking if you’re English. If you’re not, fair enough. If you are, you’re an arrogant ****, in the nicest possible way of course ;)

Grealish isn't better than Bernardo. I could really understand the reasoning of signing him if he was. We have academy player just as good as Grealish but we still have to gradually introduce them to the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.