Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll get done for £70-80m plus add-ons. I wouldn't be surprised if the total fee was close to £100m though. I expect things will start moving a few days after the UCL final.

This. Why on earth would Villa have agreed to a £45m release clause?

Grealish clearly re-signed to get a better deal both for himself and Villa.
Because at the time Spurs offered £20 mill for him, and he wanted to go, but Villa would only sell at £25 mill.
Grealish was really angry with the club at the time, but knuckled down and worked hard to get Villa back into the Premier league.
Villa then offered him a long term contract on the best terms of any player at the club. Grealish wouldn’t sign the contract without a buyout clause, which was set at around £50 mill, he agreed and signed new contract.

This is what I’ve been told by my father and brother in-law who are both Villa season card holder (my brother in-law runs the affiliated mid Wales lions supporters club).

There's no smoke without fire and all that, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this happen. But at 100m? No chance.

Would be absolutely stunned if we went above 75m.
If I was Ferran and wanted Grealish I’d activate Douglass Luiz’s buy back clause and offer him as part ex for Grealish.

After offering to remove the clause as part of any deal first :)

Not sure he gets fouled a lot, dives around a bit and he is a bit of a dick off field.
Crashing cars and getting drunk.
Is this the type of youngster we want at our club?

It isn't. You can see the numbers; xA, key passes per 90, chances created per 90, big chances created per 90, progressive ball carries per 90 etc.

Ok, the numbers are accurate. Would you have him innstead of Foden or Bernardo? Kevin's numbers are likely better but say they weren't, would you have him ove Kev?

I wouldn't, despite his numbers, that is my opinion. And that is what I was trying to say.

For 3 years we've told ourselves correctly that a win or a loss in a 90 minutes CL knockout match doesn't determine the quality of the team but the full season does.

Now, because we won that 90 minutes CL knockout match, it's the greatest season ever, and the fact we have basically the same points tally as last season and 13-15 less than the 2 seasons before is irrelevant, neither is the amount of goals we scored as compared to those seasons.

football fans eh
I would say this City side is better than the side in 2018 who got 100 points. We didn't really start playing until around November because the team was not fit

Ok, the numbers are accurate. Would you have him innstead of Foden or Bernardo? Kevin's numbers are likely better but say they weren't, would you have him ove Kev?

I wouldn't, despite his numbers, that is my opinion. And that is what I was trying to say.

I was arguing against the idea that we already have better creators, that much simply isn't true bar Kev. It's fair enough if you'd rather us start Bernardo or Foden because they have different qualities.

I don't want Grealish, he's too similar to what we have and not as good imo. If he or anybody in that position is coming in then its surely at the expense of sterling. I'm fine with him going but any replacement in my eyes would have to have comparable pace and movement off the ball, it's sorely lacking in our side at times. The only way I see a Grealish for sterling change is if the striker we brought in had that electric pace to compensate like an Mbappe rather than the rumoured Kane.

Because at the time Spurs offered £20 mill for him, and he wanted to go, but Villa would only sell at £25 mill.
Grealish was really angry with the club at the time, but knuckled down and worked hard to get Villa back into the Premier league.
Villa then offered him a long term contract on the best terms of any player at the club. Grealish wouldn’t sign the contract without a buyout clause, which was set at around £50 mill, he agreed and signed new contract.

This is what I’ve been told by my father and brother in-law who are both Villa season card holder (my brother in-law runs the affiliated mid Wales lions supporters club).
Not wishing to be rude but do you believe all the reports/second hand info/gossip that City season card holders post on here? So why are random Villa fans any more authoritative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.