Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be undervaluing him even. Couldn’t see any of City, Chelsea, Liverpool or United coming in for him though like they would Grealish. Sometimes signings come off, sometimes they don’t but you need a lot of them to be better than the price you paid to do a Leicester. I can only remember Slimani and Andre Silva being comparative flops for them. Even so, after winning the league they lost Maguire and Mahrez to ‘bigger’ clubs.

Yeah. I'm backing him to get closer to 20 league goals this season. You could see him developing game on game last season. Buendia's going to be a Godsend for him, I hope, this season.

Our recruitment over the previous two summers has been great tbf, even first season back, with the cheaper players, where we had to REALLY speculate, because of how many players we needed. Off the top of my head, only Wesley is worth less now, imo. He hasn't 'worked out' at all, at this moment in time.

If players do want to leave down the line, I trust our recruitment team to reinvest well.

If

The emperor's new clothes syndrome striking again for me - I hesitate to say it but I don't think Grealish will improve us much, if at all, and for the likely cost, I don't think he's worth it. My judgement is perhaps impaired by the fact that I concluded a while ago that he is a poser who falls too easily, and has no pace.
If the option is that we lose Bernardo to gain him, I'll be very disappointed.
More of a 'United' type of player for me, I'm afraid. I know I'm in a minority, looking at the poll at the top of the page, but, there we are.
More disappointed than if we lose Berny and gain nothing?

Just out here trying to gauge your disappointment levels :p

:-) Nice try! That's because all our best under 18s were playing in the under 23s league. Go and pull up our results in the FA Youth Cup, when we played 'full strength' sides. See if you notice a difference. :-) What round did City go out, out of interest? We absolutely dominated Liverpool in the final. Like men against boys, it was. They didn't look 'further on' in the slightest!

All your teams play the Pep way? Great. Let's hope he doesn't get bored/tired, as he's done in the past.

Our approach is the same as yours, as I've previously stated. You just spend more on the outstanding young players of other PL/foreign teams, because you're Man City and you can attract them. Sterling, Stones, etc.

We can't do that. We have to be more savvy, but it's working for us at the moment. The Dream Lives On! :-)
Stones? He came up through Barnsley's youth system to their 1st team before Everton bought him, he was 22 I think when we bought him off them. At least do a modicum of research before trying to troll posters.

I think his Instagram story is the biggest indication yet that he is staying at Villa.
In the words of Garry Cook I think he’s bottled it.
Gutting because he would be unreal here. No way he posts that if he’s leaving.

I'm not on insta. What's he posted? You've got me all excited now. :-)

Stones? He came up through Barnsley's youth system to their 1st team before Everton bought him, he was 22 I think when we bought him off them. At least do a modicum of research before trying to troll posters.

Trolling? Wth you talking about?

:-) My mention of Stones and Sterling was in relation to signings made to go straight into first team contention.

Due back off holiday this week, get the boy in!

A lad of that talent deserves to be playing CL football with a world class manager instead of plodding along mid table attempting a run for 7th every season. Used to be Everton saying that every year. Come on Jack, Citeh time son.

I am sure he would be a useful part of the squad not saying he would not, but to me he is not a player that makes City starting 11 so much stronger. who he replaces in the first eleven and is he a clear upgrade on that person?

i can only think of replacing Bernardo as for now as we do not know how Pep would use him (maybe bit deeper like Gundogan?) but even that is hard to compare as Pep did not use the creative side of Bernardo much, more like his workhorse side as that was needed for the balance of the team.

Everything goes through him at Villa and that helps his numbers here he wont have the ball that much, and when he will have he will have a fully parked bus front him unlike at Villa where many counter chances came by for Villa while we have about 1-2 per game of those only.
He would be great at helping unlock the low block we often come up against, either by dribbling through or winning free kicks in dangerous areas.
Him and Kane give us different options than we have today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.