Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every transfer carries risk. IMO Grealish carries less risk than most because his talent is glaring. The biggest question mark I would have are whether he can adapt from a side where he is the main man, to a side where he is a cog and not the cog. It took Mahrez 18 a season to adapt.
Would you say his talent was glaring before last season? Last Season Stats are very good indeed, But before that he wasn't exactly ripping up trees. I think its a fair point on him not being the main man again.

I was very sceptical about Mahrez before he joined, he joined for a record fee and as you say has taken a long time to find his feet, some games he looks unplayable , his touch is amazing but you could say he's still not consistent or our performing perhaps as he should considering the money he cost?

I guess that's my concern over Grealish. Will he just do a job in an already good team or will he really shine and take us to another level as you may or could expect when you are smashing your transfer record.

I don't hate him and I don't want him to not join city like some on here have said. I just don't want City to be taken for a ride? that is all.

Do you and Fordy get any pleasure from the transfer threads as you both seem hell bent on looking for negatives all the time.

Let those who manage the clubs finances worry on the affordability, just enjoy the ride.
of course, you know I enjoy a good debate. i don't see what the problem is with seeing things from a slightly different angle,

Some on here have compared him to Messi, Merlin and Maradona, that is their opinion.

Do you think he's at that level?

If not what's wrong with you stating so on this forum ?

He will get my full support at the Etihad if he joins, like every player that pulls on that special shirt.

Would you say his talent was glaring before last season? Last Season Stats are very good indeed, But before that he wasn't exactly ripping up trees. I think its a fair point on him not being the main man again.

I was very sceptical about Mahrez before he joined, he joined for a record fee and as you say has taken a long time to find his feet, some games he looks unplayable , his touch is amazing but you could say he's still not consistent or our performing perhaps as he should considering the money he cost?

I guess that's my concern over Grealish. Will he just do a job in an already good team or will he really shine and take us to another level as you may or could expect when you are smashing your transfer record.

I don't hate him and I don't want him to not join city like some on here have said. I just don't want City to be taken for a ride? that is all.
I think you have already decided that.

So to summarise the past 24 hours Jack's arrived back wearing blue shorts and in a car that had cones in.
He's turned up for Villa training and that's about it right?

I am sure this is going through now, he has so much to gain by the move that he won't get by staying with Villa. That is in no way to be disrespectful to Villa but football is a short career.

He has 5 or 6 years where he can be challenging for the highest honours playing in one Europe's top teams and learning under Pep.

The question is does he want to be a LeTissier or Shearer where they play for their boyhood club at the expense of Medals or does he take his chance now?
To be fair to Shearer, he joined a Newcastle team that were the 2nd best side in the country and should've closed the title out the season before until they capitulated and let United back in. It wasn't inconceivable to think that Newcastle could build on that and win some trophies over the next few seasons. It didn't work out like that of course but Shearer wasn't to know that.

Le Tiss was obviously different - he was more than happy to spend his whole career at Saints and that's fair enough.

Are you indeed lol.

Oh dear, tired of reading something that you don't agree with.

I've got news for you pal, I don't have to agree with you or anyone else.

what are you some kind of self appointed blue moon policeman?

This is a forum for fans to voice their opinion.

You don't like mine scroll past or ignore.

By all means voice your opinion but doing so over and over again is beyond tedious.
Anyway you're going back onto ignore where I should have left you.

We've decided on a player and the player seemingly wants to come. We've decided on a fee that seemingly suits both parties. The club is aware of the player's playing history and the stats that accompany it more than any poster on this board.

How are we being taken for a ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.