Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
CityFan94 said:
He has real potential - England player in the future IMO.

Surprised his contract is running out at the end of the season and wouldn't be surprised to see the lad sign a 5 year deal to stay at Villa this season.

If we can sign him for free, why wouldn't we? A young English player with serious potential.

He can also play for Republic Of Ireland, hence why our Irish OP started the thread.
Unfortunately it seems he's looking at choosing England.
I'm a fan of this lad, seen quite a bit of him at underage level for ROI, but he's not at the level Pozo or Lopes is at and those two have a serious scrap on their hands to get into our first team squad.

Why has my nationality got to do with me putting forward a young midfielder that we could mould into a better type of player for us if we were to sign him up. Also add into the fact that the kid might well play for England too. He is a young winger who if he progresses with Villa could well become a decent winger seems to have some confidence from what I seen of him and if he gets more game time at Villa he will only get stronger. If he is up to it and is a hard worker he could well do very well in this league but only time will tell. Like with some of our younger players only time will tell. But with our dealings with Villa our last 2 signings from them have been successful.

Signed a 4 year contract to stay at Villa.

Not surprised Villa have tied him down, he's got the potential to be a very good player.

Jack Grealish emerges as target for Man City as Aston Villa remain confident of keeping youngster until at least 2016
Manchester City have set the wheels in motion over a future move for Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish.

The 19-year-old was one of the stars of Tim Sherwood side's survival push and is set to play in the FA Cup final on Saturday.

City have known about Grealish's talents for a while, and were keen on adding the teenager to their academy ranks.

Manchester City have set the wheels in motion over a future move for Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish (right)

Grealish was one of the stars of Tim Sherwood side's survival push and is set to play in the FA Cup final

But his breakthrough into Villa's senior side has seen City resurrect their interest.

Etihad Stadium first-team spies have kept close tabs on Grealish in recent weeks - a period in which the attacker has earned rave reviews.

A move for Grealish this summer is unlikely, but City will certainly keep a watchful eye on the Villa academy graduate this year before a potential swoop in 2016.

Villa are hoping the 19-year-old midfielder with stay with the club until at least next season

Villa are confident of keeping Grealish until at least next season, but know he will be the subject of unwanted attention should he maintain his excellent performance levels.

Indeed, City aren't the only club to have made checks on Grealish; Chelsea and Tottenham have also watched the youngster during the closing weeks of the season.

But City's brief to add more homegrown talent to their ranks is likely to result in the club solidifying their interest on a faster scale.

City have a firm interest in England internationals Raheem Sterling, Jack Wilshere, Ross Barkley and John Stones as they look to add more British talent to their ranks to comply with homegrown quota regulations.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-remain-confident-keeping-youngster-2016.html

Could be a plan B to Wilshere. Both should be in action later today.

Personally I'd be all over him. As good on the ball as any PL youngster I've seen in ages and I suspect he could end up with Beckham-like global value.

Who was better at his age in England in the last 5/10 years?

Would prefer us keep that slot open for the likes of Barker in a year or two personally.

I agree.....we already have players like Grealish on the EDS and he not good enough for the 1st team....we got bigger fish to catch this transfer window and need to make a statement....

Personally I'd be all over him. As good on the ball as any PL youngster I've seen in ages and I suspect he could end up with Beckham-like global value.

Who was better at his age in England in the last 5/10 years?
Fuckin' hell, he's only played what 20 games? Less probably.

Sterling was the same age last season, younger even at 18 for half that season, and is easily better.

Fuckin' hell, he's only played what 20 games? Less probably.

Sterling was the same age last season, younger even at 18 for half that season, and is easily better.
Yeah that was kinda my point - Sterling is better and he's touted at 50m. Barkley? Ward Prowse? He's hardly in bad company.

Also, obviously he's not played many games yet that doesn't stop people claiming we've got better players in the EDS with 0 games under their belt.

Tbh if the EDS was half as good as many assume I don't understand why they're not out on loan making big impacts in half decent teams - like Grealish has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.