Jack Rodwell

Rodwell needs to be sold for his sake and the sake of our purse.

If not Garcia Pudge,then who is the likely overseas candidate to make way?

pudge said:
I like Rodwell and want nothing more than for him to be able to fulfil his potential, but everyone saying we should hold on to him based on the Dundee game.... come on. Before anyone say "It's not based on one game" it couldn't have been due to anything he did last season.

Everyone was saying the same after THAT Norwich game, and that was over a year ago.. Even if he was to stay fit for a good period of time, his playing time would be non existent, or at the very least not what he would like it to be.

If a decent bid comes in for him, he's gone imo and someone will take a chance on him as he definitely has the potential to be a great player; again in my opinion. I don't think Garcia will be sold and with him, Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya we have more than enough in the middle of midfield and he himself will realize that.

I know not to take too much from one game and it was Dundee, but not like the other foreign players (except for Fernando) impressed either. I do agree it will be either Jack or Javi that would go, but Jack is younger and homegrown. I'd rather have him since we already got 2 guys that can play DM in the Ferds. He could develop behind Yaya if he stays.

FantasyIreland said:
Rodwell needs to be sold for his sake and the sake of our purse.

If not Garcia Pudge,then who is the likely overseas candidate to make way?
Couldn't tell you, but all the noise coming from Garcia's camp the past few months has been about how settled he is and that's he doesn't want to leave. Along with the club reportedly having no intention to sell him either.

I know he seems one of the more obvious choices to make way, but if he goes we're back to 3 CMs like last season, which was a problem.

Admittedly with possibly 2 needing 'cut' from the CL squad it would make sense to possibly leave him out of that squad list now we have Fernando.

Assuming he is now fully fit he's in the same Catch 22 situation as Richards. Both need plenty of game time to get back to their best, playing once a month is no good to them. But they're not going to get a run of games at City.

And I don't see it as a choice between Rodwell and Garcia since they would have quite different roles within the team. Assuming we've signed Fernando to be our one ultra defensive midfield player, with Fernandhino and Yaya playing further forward, we need a player like Garcia to cover for Fernando. Garcia has actually become more important to us following the signing of Fernando.

TheTrillionDollarMan said:
Mauricio Pochettino will have to splash out £10.5m if he wants to bring Jack Rodwell to Tottenham Hotspur. YES PLEASE!

all day long!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.