Jack Rodwell

Jack's (and the rest of the teams) intensity yesterday is what we have been missing all season. If that intensity is there, it gives the forwards the time to carve out opportunities. JR didn't let Remires settle at all. we were fighting hard for the second ball all over the field. SA first touch wasn't there yesterday but his commitment was. He ran hard. Nasty was class and Kolo showed some sublime bits of skill at times and showed he still has the technique if not the legs.

Rodwell needs many more games under his belt before we give him acolades of future captain. He has done well, let him build on that.

I would like that team to play more. Kolo in this form can allow Vinny the rest he needs to sort his injury properly.

Jack and Javier working together allowing Yaya the freedom to mash the opponents is a breath of fresh air.

I can't remember if it was Sky comment or BBC comment about our "push Yaya forward plan B" from last year was so predictable and teams had sussed it out, was wank as chelsea didn't seem to be able to cope with it from the begining of the game.

NipHolmes said:
George Hannah said:
better prospect than Cleverley, Jones, Henderson, Jenas, Shelvey, Sidwell, Huddlestone, Livermore, Chamberlain

Barry, Rodwell and Milner - the heart of England!
You do realise Sidwell and Jenas are 30 and not 20. At which point do you define a prospect cut off point?
Livermore will be a 'player' too. I really like him, just as I do Danny Rose. Spurs have 2 greay porspects there.
You've cut me off at the knees there - Jenas 30! He's another Wes Brown, years and years of being the next big thing then suddenly en route to the MLS. I hope my poor choice of examples does not obscure the fact that Jack is well ahead of them all.

George Hannah said:
NipHolmes said:
George Hannah said:
better prospect than Cleverley, Jones, Henderson, Jenas, Shelvey, Sidwell, Huddlestone, Livermore, Chamberlain

Barry, Rodwell and Milner - the heart of England!
You do realise Sidwell and Jenas are 30 and not 20. At which point do you define a prospect cut off point?
Livermore will be a 'player' too. I really like him, just as I do Danny Rose. Spurs have 2 greay porspects there.
You've cut me off at the knees there - Jenas 30! He's another Wes Brown, years and years of being the next big thing then suddenly en route to the MLS. I hope my poor choice of examples does not obscure the fact that Jack is well ahead of them all.

Jacks got a good future but I fear these injuries to be honest with you. Many, many players have been looking the part but suffered injuries which hampers them.

Pato imo is one of the most tachnically gifted strikers in the world of his age. Look what injuries did to him. I just hope he racpatures his form in Brazil.

Jack is Barry's replacement, that much is abundantly clear. Fingers crossed the future bodes well for him.

Oh and Jason Koumas was always one of those players you was told was going to to good things, just about every season I heard that and what happened? :)

Graceyboy said:
I can't remember if it was Sky comment or BBC comment about our "push Yaya forward plan B" from last year was so predictable and teams had sussed it out, was wank as chelsea didn't seem to be able to cope with it from the begining of the game.

Gary Neville on Sky. I couldn't work out if he realised that was the exact system we were playing with from the start, with Javi playing De Jong and Rodwell playing Barry, and just passing comment on it, or if he really was just trotting out the usual City narrow no plan B cliché that seems so prevalent.

NipHolmes said:
George Hannah said:
NipHolmes said:

Jacks got a good future but I fear these injuries to be honest with you. Many, many players have been looking the part but suffered injuries which hampers them.

Pato imo is one of the most tachnically gifted strikers in the world of his age. Look what injuries did to him. I just hope he racpatures his form in Brazil.

Jack is Barry's replacement, that much is abundantly clear. Fingers crossed the future bodes well for him.

Oh and Jason Koumas was always one of those players you was told was going to to good things, just about every season I heard that and what happened? :)

He has problems with hamstring, isn't it? That's repairable I guess, it's easier to deal with muscles than with knees, ankles etc.. you strengthen them a bit and it should be fine and definitely not career ruining.

Based on his comments from the other day he is utter pro and is ready to adapt all his life to dealing with it so I'm positive he'll get rid of them.

This thread should be in the classic's he's went from a perma-crock who's not even good enough for Everton too our future captain in the space of one game.

Youthful vigor can add a lot to a team even if the young player in question isn't the finished product yet (look at Ajax against us). Maybe some of that energy is what we've missed this season as even many of our younger players (but all of them made men except Nastasic) have seemed lethargic at times. Rodwell really set a good example with his tenacious pressing and energy levels. I imagine we'll add more players like this - young, incomplete, but with great potential - in the summer, and also hopefully Guidetti can get some game time before the season ends because he has the same sort of enthusiasm that is contagious.

Seemed to look a lot more confident yesterday. Has looked nervous in the past, but think as he gets over this he will be a cracking player in the future. His first goal will do him some good too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.