Jack Rodwell

He's got the talent, Mancini knew as much last year when he marked Silva out of the game. The problem is his injuries, his future is all dependant on whether he can overcome that.

woahmark said:
George Hannah said:
better prospect than Cleverley, Jones, Henderson, Jenas, Shelvey, Sidwell, Huddlestone, Livermore, Chamberlain

Barry, Rodwell and Milner - the heart of England!

Spurs have got some real good young, English talent. Livermore, Tom Carroll, Townsend, Caulker, Rose..etc. All of these could be in the first team in 3 years or so.
no chance

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9896149/Manchester-City-midfielder-Jack-Rodwell-moves-house-to-tackle-injury-nightmares.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... mares.html</a>

Nasri should learn from this man. Some players really wants to play football.

Akira said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9896149/Manchester-City-midfielder-Jack-Rodwell-moves-house-to-tackle-injury-nightmares.html

Agreed. Whilst some of the praise on this thread is ridiculously over the top, it's refreshing to see such drive and determination in a young British footballer.
He's certainly got a lot in his locker and will develop nicely alongside better players. Next season is huge for him, needs to stake a claim for a regular starting berth.
Does anyone else think himself and jimmy can give us the necessary bite and strength in midfield we seem to miss when Barry and Garcia play together?

kun said:
woahmark said:
George Hannah said:
better prospect than Cleverley, Jones, Henderson, Jenas, Shelvey, Sidwell, Huddlestone, Livermore, Chamberlain

Barry, Rodwell and Milner - the heart of England!

Spurs have got some real good young, English talent. Livermore, Tom Carroll, Townsend, Caulker, Rose..etc. All of these could be in the first team in 3 years or so.
no chance

To be fair, Rose has been outstanding for Sunderland at left back but was shit a few seasons ago playing for Bristol City on the wing. Had a cracking game against us too.

blue_paul said:
Akira said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9896149/Manchester-City-midfielder-Jack-Rodwell-moves-house-to-tackle-injury-nightmares.html

Agreed. Whilst some of the praise on this thread is ridiculously over the top, it's refreshing to see such drive and determination in a young British footballer.
He's certainly got a lot in his locker and will develop nicely alongside better players. Next season is huge for him, needs to stake a claim for a regular starting berth.
Does anyone else think himself and jimmy can give us the necessary bite and strength in midfield we seem to miss when Barry and Garcia play together?
I'm not sure I want both of them playing together in central midfield either as you run into the opposite problem. Barry/Garcia is too static and both play too deep when together. I think you might have a problem where Rodwell/Milner would play too forward and expose our CBs to counters far too much. Mix those combos up and I think you have great potential.

Playing alongside Garcia seemed to help him. He stopped playing all of those sideways balls that were his downfall at the start of the deason, left that stuff to Garcia. He's clearly a better player when given some latitude to push forward.

cibaman said:
Playing alongside Garcia seemed to help him. He stopped playing all of those sideways balls that were his downfall at the start of the deason, left that stuff to Garcia. He's clearly a better player when given some latitude to push forward.
I think you mean longtitude

I really hope Jack plays against Villa on Monday, his performance against Chelsea was excellent if you ask me and was lucky not to get a goal.

His box to box duties were very exciting to watch, hopefully he can just carry on improving, working hard and getting himself into the team regularly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.