Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not, but why has it come to the situation where he leaves or stays. How has it come to a situation where a loan wouldn't be acceptable?

From what I know and this might not be 100%. Can't employ an agent until 16 and can't sign a professional contract until 17.

How can we loan him if he hasn't signed a pro-contract yet?

I'm not for one minute suggesting that he should be allowed to get away with not turning up for training (if the report are true) I'm just a little concerned that it has come to this.

I agree with you. I hope it can be resolved.

Fair point, but what does he need to do to earn a chance with the first team? He's stands out for me everytime I see him and as yet he's not yet been given a spot on the bench, then he's reading how we're planning to put a bid in for 18 year old Mbappe.

sign a contract so he can go on pre-season tours, then he'd have got game time like Foden and Diaz and had the window to impress. They put themselves into first team contention, and if not this season then certainly in Diaz case straight to Girona for a year in La Liga which only a snob would turn their nose up at. Sancho meanwhile has sat at home playing truant. When you're given the golden opportunity, you have to be mature to realise exactly what it is and make the most of it. He's badly missed out in the last 2/3 weeks and it's all his own fault. If he can learn from it and work hard for it elsewhere then good for him. If he keeps walking round expecting first team guarantees and to be given first team football, then he'll always underachieve.

Fair point, but what does he need to do to earn a chance with the first team? He's stands out for me everytime I see him and as yet he's not yet been given a spot on the bench, then he's reading how we're planning to put a bid in for 18 year old Mbappe.

Be committed! That carrot was dangled as a test now pep knows where Sancho stands.

he's what? 17. Needs to get an ounce of realism in his skull or he's going to be forever disappointed. Just entitlement. Foden, Brahim, Duhaney are prepared to earn it, Sancho wants it handed to him with guarantees.

I don't think Sancho necessarily wants first team minutes himself this season. I think he'd like some evidence to suggest that he would get those minutes when he's a bit older/better.

We've really fucked this up in recent seasons with Denayer, Byrne, Barker, etc.

I don't think Sancho necessarily wants first team minutes himself this season. I think he'd like some evidence to suggest that he would get those minutes when he's a bit older/better.

We've really fucked this up in recent seasons with Denayer, Byrne, Barker, etc.

I won't argue with that, but Pelle had little/no investment in the club the final 2 seasons and thus no real need to look after its long-term future.

though actually, I doubt Sancho only wants that or he'd have signed by now. Either he's spoilt or stupid.

I won't argue with that, but Pelle had little/no investment in the club the final 2 seasons and thus no real need to look after its long-term future.

though actually, I doubt Sancho only wants that or he'd have signed by now. Either he's spoilt or stupid.

I disagree. If it wasn't still an issue then Roberts would be nailed on for a squad role given his performances for Celtic. We're instead thinking of splashing out for Sanchez. I don't necessarily disagree with that decision but it's not going to look great from an academy prospect's point of view. Sancho will understandably think we'll send him on loan shortly for a season or two and will then overlook him on his return for the next shiny new signing. Why not cut out the middle man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.