Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should just play kids for the sake of it, just to prove to other kids that they'll get played for the sake of it?

Foden shone v United and played decently in the other 2 games when he appeared, Diaz had briefer cameos but also looked sparky and hungry for it.

Take your opportunities and keep proving your good enough. Show Pep you can do the job, not just play nice football against weaker opposition. It's about building trust and realising you have the potential of a 15-20 year career and that most players have to go through the shit at that age to make it in their early 20s.

No, we should play kids when they're outperforming everyone at the level they're at; especially if their first team counterparts aren't doing much. In the past few seasons we've had Demichelis used over Denayer, Fernando and Delph bought in to play bit part roles over Byrne and Evans, Navas and Nolito used over Roberts/Barker. The senior players listed are far from game changers and the kids, with the massive confidence boost that would have come with the first team chance, may have been useful.

It's all well and good saying take your opportunities, but Sancho probably thinks his first proper opportunities at City will come when he's 20/21 and he thinks he can get those opportunities sooner elsewhere. I don't disagree with him - I think our academy is fantastic if you're under 18 but we're shit at the next, crucial stage of giving those excelling in the youth sides or on loan first team chances.

No, we should play kids when they're outperforming everyone at the level they're at; especially if their first team counterparts aren't doing much. In the past few seasons we've had Demichelis used over Denayer, Fernando and Delph bought in to play bit part roles over Byrne and Evans, Navas and Nolito used over Roberts/Barker. The senior players listed are far from game changers and the kids, with the massive confidence boost that would have come with the first team chance, may have been useful.

It's all well and good saying take your opportunities, but Sancho probably thinks his first proper opportunities at City will come when he's 20/21 and he thinks he can get those opportunities sooner elsewhere. I don't disagree with him - I think our academy is fantastic if you're under 18 but we're shit at the next, crucial stage of giving those excelling in the youth sides or on loan first team chances.
if you were in city u18s squad last year and now playing for the 23s team how would you see your future for the next 3 years not being sancho , Diaz , foden, would you try to leave if next year a league 1 or championship club wanted to buy you ?

you have to trust Pep over Pellegrini, simple as. If Sancho thought he was good enough to play for Man City, he wouldn't give up on the dream at 17. People who make it don't give up because the road ahead looks competitive and difficult.

players aged 20 or under used by Pep at Barca:
Bojan 115 apps.
Busquets 191 apps.
Pedro 167 apps.
Victor Sanchez 12 apps.
Bartra 8 apps.
J Dos Santos 19 apps.
Thiago 65 apps.
Muniesa 3 apps.
Victor Vazquez 3 apps.
Andreu Fontas 16 apps.
Sergi Roberto 7 apps.
Montoya 12 apps.
Deulofeu 2 apps.
Cuenca 30 apps.
Rafinha 2 apps.
Tello 22 apps.

at Bayern a couple of sporadic appearers plus Gaudino 11 apps and Hojbjerg 23 apps, then again Bayern's academy hasn't shown to be up to snuff this decade.

The advantage Barca have? Barca B. Pep could call up a player for a weekend but the rest of the time they could play domestic league football under Barca coaches. We'll try the best patch-up in Girona, but players need to understand the difference but also understand if they're good enough, Pep is proven to give them time. He needs to cement his own position in the short-term with a title win, and our academy has to catch up with first team standards. It's getting there, but Foden's generation is the first you can really say has a chance, the rest had promising players but always had something lacking, which their careers have shown.

You either believe in him and the long-term project, and in your own ability to make it, or you leave, and decide what memory you'll have of your decision.

if you were in city u18s squad last year and now playing for the 23s team how would you see your future for the next 3 years not being sancho , Diaz , foden, would you try to leave if next year a league 1 or championship club wanted to buy you ?

It would depend on a number of things - my age, how highly I rated myself in comparison to others in the team, how much I felt I was rated by the club, etc.

you have to trust Pep over Pellegrini, simple as. If Sancho thought he was good enough to play for Man City, he wouldn't give up on the dream at 17. People who make it don't give up because the road ahead looks competitive and difficult.

players aged 20 or under used by Pep at Barca:
Bojan 115 apps.
Busquets 191 apps.
Pedro 167 apps.
Victor Sanchez 12 apps.
Bartra 8 apps.
J Dos Santos 19 apps.
Thiago 65 apps.
Muniesa 3 apps.
Victor Vazquez 3 apps.
Andreu Fontas 16 apps.
Sergi Roberto 7 apps.
Montoya 12 apps.
Deulofeu 2 apps.
Cuenca 30 apps.
Rafinha 2 apps.
Tello 22 apps.

at Bayern a couple of sporadic appearers plus Gaudino 11 apps and Hojbjerg 23 apps, then again Bayern's academy hasn't shown to be up to snuff this decade.

The advantage Barca have? Barca B. Pep could call up a player for a weekend but the rest of the time they could play domestic league football under Barca coaches. We'll try the best patch-up in Girona, but players need to understand the difference but also understand if they're good enough, Pep is proven to give them time. He needs to cement his own position in the short-term with a title win, and our academy has to catch up with first team standards. It's getting there, but Foden's generation is the first you can really say has a chance, the rest had promising players but always had something lacking, which their careers have shown.

You either believe in him and the long-term project, and in your own ability to make it, or you leave, and decide what memory you'll have of your decision.

I'm a huge admirer of Pep but feel he could have done more last season with young players and should make a similar long term commitment to the club that he's expecting academy players to make. If Sancho signed up for 3 years then Pep's gone when he's coming to the end of that if he doesn't renew.

I'm a huge admirer of Pep but feel he could have done more last season with young players and should make a similar long term commitment to the club that he's expecting academy players to make. If Sancho signed up for 3 years then Pep's gone when he's coming to the end of that if he doesn't renew.

He couldn't rely on a City B, and evidently the players he fancies are only just able to break through in friendlies because they're so young. Everyone needs a lot more patience.

He couldn't rely on a City B, and evidently the players he fancies are only just able to break through in friendlies because they're so young. Everyone needs a lot more patience.

But these young players don't feel they need to have patience when they can move elsewhere and play top level first team football much sooner. Sancho is not from Manchester and is not a City fan, so it must be tempted if the likes of Spurs, Monaco, Dortmund, Leipzig, etc. come knocking and say he can be a first team player in a decent domestic league and in continental competition in the next two seasons. At City, he knows the likely avenue is being on loan at Celtic or in Holland with no guarantee that he'd be given a shot at City at the end of it. The first option is far more appealing to a top young player IMO, and there'll be no shortage of clubs at that level making those sort of promises to Sancho.

But these young players don't feel they need to have patience when they can move elsewhere and play top level first team football much sooner. Sancho is not from Manchester and is not a City fan, so it must be tempted if the likes of Spurs, Monaco, Dortmund, Leipzig, etc. come knocking and say he can be a first team player in a decent domestic league and in continental competition in the next two seasons. At City, he knows the likely avenue is being on loan at Celtic or in Holland with no guarantee that he'd be given a shot at City at the end of it. The first option is far more appealing to a top young player IMO, and there'll be no shortage of clubs at that level making those sort of promises to Sancho.

they won't though, because an absolutely tiny minority play regularly at 17/18 at any meaningful level. It's fantasy, particularly with an attitude like Sancho's.

IMHO we havent had players who werent good enough, now we have 18 year old who are good enough to be given a shot

they won't though, because an absolutely tiny minority play regularly at 17/18 at any meaningful level. It's fantasy, particularly with an attitude like Sancho's.

But Sancho believes he's in that tiny minority. He's been voted the Golden Player of the Euro U17s, previously won by Rooney, Fabregas, Kroos and Gotze. And if City want to have a really world class academy, we'll hopefully be producing more players in that tiny minority who have the potential to go on to be some of the world's best.

IMHO we had had player who werent good enough, now we have 18 year old who are good enough to be given a shot

I think that's bollocks, particularly to be given a chance here or there. Barker, at his best in the academy, was every bit as good as Sancho is now IMO and certainly deserved a few first team opportunities. Same with Denayer when he returned from Celtic on a par with Virgil van Dijk and signed up to a long term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.