Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's that confident in his own ability that he thinks he should be playing first team football this season I'd suggest that he has a very strong mentality actually.

You don't have a strong mentality if you sulk. If anything, it displays a lack of resilience and fight.

Part swap for Sanchez!
I seem to remember a certain D.Sturridge thinking he was bigger and better than the club, left, to go to Chelsea, struggled there, and is now floundering at Liverpool due to injury.
I can understand a player of Sanchez's ability trying to push through a move, but someone of Sancho's standing should not be shunning the opportunity to work with Pep, because he's either been promised more game time elsewhere ( wouldn't that be tapping up?) or because he think he will get more game time at Arsenal

Not sure the Sturridge comparison is fair.

Sturridge was further ahead in his development and had played for the first team. Indeed he made some important contributions, including turning around a match away at Blackburn. He was also seeing Ched Evans picked ahead of him. I could sympathise with Sturridge. Whilst Sancho has yet to prove himself at u23 level.

Did anyone see Sancho in the two legged final against Chelsea at the end of last season? The Chelsea forwards, particularly a 16 year old kid whose name escapes me, were head and shoulders better players. Until those games I had high hopes for the kid but when it mattered at the highest level for his age, he was found wanting.

Did anyone see Sancho in the two legged final against Chelsea at the end of last season? The Chelsea forwards, particularly a 16 year old kid whose name escapes me, were head and shoulders better players. Until those games I had high hopes for the kid but when it mattered at the highest level for his age, he was found wanting.

he shut off mentally it seemed

Think you're referring to Hudson-Odoi who was superb.

Think you're referring to Hudson-Odoi who was superb.
Indeed he was.

Jadon,unfortunately,didnt have the impact he had displayed in previous rounds.For me,while he is immensely talented,those two legs were certainly a reality check in terms of his progression and status.

It does seem odd that Pep wouldnt bring him on tour and view him first hand in first team environment, hardly anything to lose.

Unless of course Pep doubts the lads temperament and this was a test. See if he'd get his head down and work or throw toys out of the pram.

Either way it doesnt seem it will end well.

By all accounts Pep was going to take Sancho on the tour but as he refused to sign his contract before he left Pep decided to leave him at home. Not sure how true that is but I have seen that mentioned

It does seem odd that Pep wouldnt bring him on tour and view him first hand in first team environment, hardly anything to lose.

Unless of course Pep doubts the lads temperament and this was a test. See if he'd get his head down and work or throw toys out of the pram.

Either way it doesnt seem it will end well.

Don't think it's odd. It's very clear to anyone Pep wants committed players and Sancho doesn't seem clear about that. You can argue Mangala and Nasri went on tour. But that was for shopwindowing both.

By all accounts Pep was going to take Sancho on the tour but as he refused to sign his contract before he left Pep decided to leave him at home. Not sure how true that is but I have seen that mentioned
I think this is the only explanation and yes, twosips and others have called it too. Or just remember Pep's words about Kolarov: he doesn't want someone in the team who doesn't want to be in it in the first place, no matter their qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.