Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Huddersfield cup replay last season was a perfect example of how pathetic the club have been at giving our youngsters a chance. A home cup game vs a Championship team (who rested most of their usual starting lineup) and Pep didn’t even stick one kid on the bench. Diaz had scored a hat-trick for the EDS vs Chelsea the week before, yet Navas is on the bench and coming on when we’re 4-1 up.

That's why we're going from a 23 man senior squad to a 20 man squad. When the squad is bloated with players like Navas or Fernando, who are solid professionals who turn up and work hard every day, who you might have to rely on at some point, there's a lot of pressure to play them for varying reasons.

Smaller squad with more versatile players = more youth opportunities.

I agree,Sancho was brilliant,probably the stand out player.....but Dilrosun didnt do too badly for the Dutch either,he was unplayable in one game.

Dont get me wrong i'd love to keep this kid,but our youth set up doesnt rely on it,as like i say,there are plenty of others,with a more eager attitude,awaiting their opportunity.

Have to agree with reservations. We do have more coming through but I wonder what the effect will be if he moves on , makes a first team quickly and stars while top talents who stay dont get chances. Campbell is already getting game time, albeit pre season and Stoke, and he was younger than Sancho when he left.

Love what I have seen of Taylor Richards

Have to agree with reservations. We do have more coming through but I wonder what the effect will be if he moves on , makes a first team quickly and stars while top talents who stay dont get chances. Campbell is already getting game time, albeit pre season and Stoke, and he was younger than Sancho when he left.

Taylor Richards has just signed a new deal hasn't he? He is a talent.

Regards Campbell,he probably saw the potential,and physique,of Gonzalez and thought 'best i fuck off' ;-)

Campbell didn't really have a sniff against us in the semi did he?
No they were battered by us, barely had the ball, Foden, Diaz and Duhaney all scored top goals and Nmecha was banging them in, in both legs.

I don't want to us to lose players like Campbell and Sancho but we're fortunate at this club that we have so many top players. We've got Muric, Duhaney, Latibeaudiere, Diaz, Foden and a couple of others who were in last years U18's who are all capable of kicking on this year, possibly even in the 1st team. We also have some very promising players who were last years U16's; heard nothing but good things about Taylor-Richards, Duncan and Doyle.

Taylor Richards has just signed a new deal hasn't he? He is a talent.

Regards Campbell,he probably saw the potential,and physique,of Gonzalez and thought 'best i fuck off' ;-)

Id defo rather have Campbell than Gonzalez. He's bigger, nearly as fast and much more clinical. Still rate Gonzalez but not insanely highly personally.

Id defo rather have Campbell than Gonzalez. He's bigger, nearly as fast and much more clinical. Still rate Gonzalez but not insanely highly personally.
My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek,i realise Campbell will be a brilliant striker,he has his dad's physique but seems more instinctive and clinical as you say - definitely a loss and i'm still a bit confused as to his thinking.

I'm a big fan of Gonzalez though,its gonna be tough for him to make the first team but if he keeps showing the same desire to better himself,then i'll say he's got a chance.

The only way to stop players leaving having an effect is to promote someone.

Kids in our academy won't give a shit about Ty Campbell playing for Stoke if Foden or Brahim are first teamers for us.

If Bobby Duncan keeps progressing then I think we will be okay for a centre forward. As for Sancho, it will be disappointing to see him go, but until they sign that first professional contract then they are open to promises from other clubs, be that financial or promotion to the first team.

There are a few issues in the mix here.

We have had to many players in recent years. It must be very hard for managers to leave out fringe players in order to promote youth. Getting the squad size and balance right is key to involving youth players.

Once that is sorted then it comes down to ability and commitment. If he will not sign the best deal we can offer then he has to go. If all parties can't agree on a deal to sell then that suits no one as we have no stake in his future beyond next summer. All sides need to avoid this.

Hope he knows what's at stake and is getting the right advice. His career could take a big dent if this goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.