Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on couldn't agree more these are the first batch out of the revamped academy we seem to have 2 with a work ethic and 1 who believes he is the next Nasri move him on now before he becomes an issue

I keep reading this sort of "can't blame the lad" stuff and it's frankly drivel.

1. The Academy has only been up and running 3 years
2. It takes time for Pep's coaching methods to take effect
3. There was no-one really good enough coming through in the first couple of years
4. Sancho's 'year' has been widely touted for a long time as the first containing youngsters of sufficient quality to make the eventual transition to the first team, the holy trinity of which have been Diaz, Foden and Sancho himself.
5. The club has already given debuts to Diaz and Foden and made it abundantly clear that Sancho, who remember has only just turned 17, would be getting his chance shortly
6. City have offered this 17 year old £30k a week, an absolutely unprecedented sum for one so young
7. In short the club could not have done more to intimate to Sancho that they considered him an outstanding prospect and that they regarded him as first team material in the making

If Sancho himself believes that his path to the first team is blocked and that he would be better off elsewhere, then that in itself would be depressing enough, but the fact is his path isn't 'blocked' and he is chucking in the towel at just 17 years old. If he was 19 or 20 and he still hadn't played for the first team you could maybe understand it, but 17?!!
The simple truth is that he's a Billy Big B*ll*x, who's had Spurs and Arsenal whispering in his ear for some considerable time and he sees them as a means to returning to London, whilst still milking the accolades for being on the books at a high profile club. The reality is that he won't get in the Spurs first team any quicker than he'd get into City's, and if his return to London was on the basis of his signing for say Fulham or Brentford, where he might (and I stress 'might') get into the first team now, then again I 'might' be able to cut him some slack. However, he won't be knocking on the door at Craven Cottage any time soon, and as things stand he's a badly advised, self indulgent, prat, who has shown complete contempt for our club and the opportunities we have afforded him, and would have continued to afford him, by walking out with his 17 year old nose in the air. Can't blame the lad? I absolutely can and do. Wish him good luck? He can get stuffed

I couldn't agree more. I remember watching the EDS when Denis Suarez and Juan Roman were able to make themselves look like the heir to Messi's throne. The simple fact is, both of them went to new clubs (Suarez to Barcelona) and in terms of playing time, haven't achieved a great deal. There is no way Sancho is showing more than they were to our coaching staff.

Pep and the coaching staff obviously see more of Sancho than we all do and clearly don't have a personal vendetta against him so it's simple: they're taking a £30k/week gamble on him but they're not fussed if he leaves. F*ck off I say!

I keep reading this sort of "can't blame the lad" stuff and it's frankly drivel.

1. The Academy has only been up and running 3 years
2. It takes time for Pep's coaching methods to take effect
3. There was no-one really good enough coming through in the first couple of years
4. Sancho's 'year' has been widely touted for a long time as the first containing youngsters of sufficient quality to make the eventual transition to the first team, the holy trinity of which have been Diaz, Foden and Sancho himself.
5. The club has already given debuts to Diaz and Foden and made it abundantly clear that Sancho, who remember has only just turned 17, would be getting his chance shortly
6. City have offered this 17 year old £30k a week, an absolutely unprecedented sum for one so young
7. In short the club could not have done more to intimate to Sancho that they considered him an outstanding prospect and that they regarded him as first team material in the making

If Sancho himself believes that his path to the first team is blocked and that he would be better off elsewhere, then that in itself would be depressing enough, but the fact is his path isn't 'blocked' and he is chucking in the towel at just 17 years old. If he was 19 or 20 and he still hadn't played for the first team you could maybe understand it, but 17?!!
The simple truth is that he's a Billy Big B*ll*x, who's had Spurs and Arsenal whispering in his ear for some considerable time and he sees them as a means to returning to London, whilst still milking the accolades for being on the books at a high profile club. The reality is that he won't get in the Spurs first team any quicker than he'd get into City's, and if his return to London was on the basis of his signing for say Fulham or Brentford, where he might (and I stress 'might') get into the first team now, then again I 'might' be able to cut him some slack. However, he won't be knocking on the door at Craven Cottage any time soon, and as things stand he's a badly advised, self indulgent, prat, who has shown complete contempt for our club and the opportunities we have afforded him, and would have continued to afford him, by walking out with his 17 year old nose in the air. Can't blame the lad? I absolutely can and do. Wish him good luck? He can get stuffed
i look at someone like Denayer who went on loan, was young player of the season in Scotland, does well in Europe and then comes back at here obviously expected at least a squad what place. What do we do? sign a 30 million centre back on in Otamendi. Sancho in reality is not gonna get a chance a here, we've just signed silva for 42 million and have been chasing sanchez and mbappe all summer.

i look at someone like Denayer who went on loan, was young player of the season in Scotland, does well in Europe and then comes back at here obviously expected at least a squad what place. What do we do? sign a 30 million centre back on in Otamendi. Sancho is reality is gonna get a chance a here, we've just signed silva for 42 million and have been chasing sanchez and mbappe all summer.

The trouble is that we have been involved in a 7 year fight for a Champions League place against rivals (the rags, the dippers, the arse, and the chavs) far more easily able to take the hit of missing out for a year or two, courtesy partly of their higher global profile ('istreeeeee if you like) and their sustained ability to attract top players without it (the Chimps League), and with the sword of FFP dangling over our heads and the media baying for someone to cut the thread. We're reaching a point whereby we will be more readily able to take risks on players in the future, but for the moment our reticence has been understandable IMO.
As regards the players you mention, despite some high profile errors perhaps born out of a lack of physique and a compensatory rashness associated thereto, Otamendi was and still is a class and a half above Denayer. In fact in terms of what Pep wants (comfort in possession, the ability to receive the ball under pressure, and carry it up over the half way line), I'd argue that Otamendi is one of the best in the business. Denayer was never good enough for the level we're at, albeit that I accept that's just my personal opinion.
As to Sancho, I can only re-iterate that he has just turned 17, and was clearly being groomed by the club for a prominent future role, so it's broadly irrelevant who we are currently trying to sign. By the time Sancho might have been properly ready (a la Sane perhaps), Sanchez would be pushing 31. What are we meant to do whilst we wait for him to fully develop mentally and physically? Not sign anyone? Arsenal signing Lacazette and sniffing after Lemar (and Mbappe come to that) doesn't seem to be putting the lad off wanting to sign on at the Emirates - if the rumours are to be believed - does it?

Last edited:
i look at someone like Denayer who went on loan, was young player of the season in Scotland, does well in Europe and then comes back at here obviously expected at least a squad what place. What do we do? sign a 30 million centre back on in Otamendi.

Or Rony Lopes. Scored on his debut just after he turned 17, has to wait 9 months for another appearance (in the league cup), is sent on loan for a year and does well, comes back and is promoted to the first team squad, and then immediately sold. Without ever playing a single minute of Premier League football.

The idea that our academy is only 3 years old and that we need a few more years with Pep for it to come good is BS. There has been a steady stream of decent players coming through. Tripier and denayer are recent examples of players who have come through albeit without getting a crack at our first team. Nacho and Garcia have had a chance. It's neither as good or bad as some make out.

Or Rony Lopes. Scored on his debut just after he turned 17, has to wait 9 months for another appearance (in the league cup), is sent on loan for a year and does well, comes back and is promoted to the first team squad, and then immediately sold. Without ever playing a single minute of Premier League football.
He's done really well since he's left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.