Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. If he's not signed a professional contract then he's a free agent anyway isn't he?

He's still under scholarship, so the buying club would have to pay us a development fee. And surely he must realise that going on strike doesn't look good to his potential new club anyway - are a club really going to spend millions on a 17 year old who could end up going on strike again in 2-3 years to try and leave them?

He's still under scholarship, so the buying club would have to pay us a development fee. And surely he must realise that going on strike doesn't look good to his potential new club anyway - are a club really going to spend millions on a 17 year old who could end up going on strike again in 2-3 years to try and leave them?

When does his scholarship finish? I absolutely agree about him striking, doing himself no favours! But then again, some emotional footballers have been terrific players; Tevez, Cantona etc.

When does his scholarship finish? I absolutely agree about him striking, doing himself no favours! But then again, some emotional footballers have been terrific players; Tevez, Cantona etc.
A year, I think. Trouble with Tevez was that he was already a fully fledged international footballer for Argentina, not 17 years of age without a senior appearance. It's pretty funny that the wee daft'un has gone on strike. Give him a colouring book and a packet of crayons, he'll soon shut the fuck up.

If he was 19/20 and not getting a look in, I could understand the attitude. But in the case of this lad he is 17, and many problems can arise during his development. City should have been the right environment for him, under Pep's mentorship.

I just think whoever is advising him is not giving him good advice. He's much better off under Pep.

If he was 19/20 and not getting a look in, I could understand the attitude. But in the case of this lad he is 17, and many problems can arise during his development. City should have been the right environment for him, under Pep's mentorship.

I just think whoever is advising him is not giving him good advice. He's much better off under Pep.

But he's looking at the 19/20 year old players we have had and is doubting he'll get a chance at that age, as history shows we loan players out for several seasons before usually selling up.

I think it's a bit arrogant to suggest that the way City are doing things is the right way when we've brought through no academy players of note and we're losing some very talented players like Sancho and Campbell.

FYI, I also think Sancho's being a little shit at the moment by not training - that won't impress anyone.

But he's looking at the 19/20 year old players we have had and is doubting he'll get a chance at that age, as history shows we loan players out for several seasons before usually selling up.

I think it's a bit arrogant to suggest that the way City are doing things is the right way when we've brought through no academy players of note and we're losing some very talented players like Sancho and Campbell.

FYI, I also think Sancho's being a little shit at the moment by not training - that won't impress anyone.
What we need to remember is after we loan these players out and sell on they are not euphanised but have a chance of an excellent career In one of Europe's top leagues with an A1 education to fall back on

We have to build a trust between the club and the Academy players. That can only happen through both sides delivering on their promises: exceptional talents given game time, and the players committing themselves.

Once that exceptional crop starts to play regularly, this issue should be done. Foden and Diaz can be huge catalysts here.

What we need to remember is after we loan these players out and sell on they are not euphanised but have a chance of an excellent career In one of Europe's top leagues with an A1 education to fall back on

At the moment I think our methods are great for next tier down players who will generally find their place at mid-level Prem or below stature sides. I think we have to be a bit more flexible if a true world class talent comes along because they'll be wanting to play for a much superior side to Twente or Girona when they're 18/19/20. Sterling was playing at Liverpool, Sane Schalke, Mbappe Monaco, etc. Sancho puts himself at that level (and fair play to him for having that confidence) and has seen others at City who could have been at that level (Denayer, Roberts) ignored.

I also don't think there's much to lose by giving some of those next tier down players the odd minute here or there. Our first team squad has typically had plenty of players at that level (Delph, Fernando, Demichelis, Navas, etc.) so no harm trying a kid and reaping the benefits if they turn out to be better than we thought.

He's nowhere near as good as Sturridge was at the same age. He has potential and his career could go either way. Going on strike is not a good omen for his future development.

A year, I think. Trouble with Tevez was that he was already a fully fledged international footballer for Argentina, not 17 years of age without a senior appearance. It's pretty funny that the wee daft'un has gone on strike. Give him a colouring book and a packet of crayons, he'll soon shut the fuck up.

A year, are you sure? I thought when players turned 17 they had be offered a professional contract or they were free? I'm not sure scholarships can continue after they turn 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.