Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont blame him tbf the club hasn't shown any type of indication that youth will be given a chance over the past few years. Hoping things change a bit this season with Foden, Tosin and Brahim.

I don't blame him for wanting to move on but his conduct is appalling.

Imagine what he'd be like after ten promising appearances in the first team, or an England cap, he'd be demanding pay rises every single summer and his agents would be pressurising the club at every opportunity.

Let him become someone else's spoilt brat and we can all laugh our cocks off when he does the dirty on them too.

Am beginning to turn against Sancho and this reasoning involving lack of first team chances. He is just 17 for Christ's sake and clearly wants away....most probably to London. I have no argument with the lad if he raises this problem when he is 18 or 19. Foden and Diaz are the best young prospects we have had in years along with Sancho. In all honesty the reason our youth has not been getting into the first team in recent times is because they have not been good enough. It needs a special young player to make it in this City team and the three young lads mentioned above are certainly special. I think Sancho would flourish over the next year or two under Pep and I really hope he decides to stay.

Am beginning to turn against Sancho and this reasoning involving lack of first team chances. He is just 17 for Christ's sake and clearly wants away....most probably to London. I have no argument with the lad if he raises this problem when he is 18 or 19. Foden and Diaz are the best young prospects we have had in years along with Sancho. In all honesty the reason our youth has not been getting into the first team in recent times is because they have not been good enough. It needs a special young player to make it in this City team and the three young lads mentioned above are certainly special. I think Sancho would flourish over the next year or two under Pep and I really hope he decides to stay.

The thing is, in 2/3 years time, if Foden and Diaz haven't had any playing time, your argument can remain exactly the same. Foden and Diaz just weren't good enough and we need to wait for someone truly truly exceptional.

I think we've had plenty of players coming through in recent years who looked exceptional at the time (particularly Barker) and back then their first team counterparts weren't quite so impressive (should be easier to depose Navas than Sane).

I also don't think that playing a potentially sub standard youngster for 10/15 minutes as one player in a team of 11 would have any significant negative effect on the team performance. Several shite players have had heroic moments in the Premier League.

Taking him to the US tour and trying to convince him was better than isolating him.

Anyway, Barcelona just lost Neymar and we are about to lose Sancho.

Its fine we can live with it.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.
Not signing was a bad decision. He probably knows it. He should have signed and gone on tour. Had things not opened up he could still move on in 12 months time.
Not signing and now not training doesn't look good. I wonder who's advising him?

It might take a special player to 'make it' in this City team, but it sure as fuck hasn't taken a special player to play in it. We have had loads of very unspecial, senior pros, who have played games for City over the past decade.

So it shouldn't be any different for our own kids.

It's not about them all starting games now, it's about them starting to get minutes on the pitch, here & there, to see if they might have what it takes to start games in the future.

If hardly any get on, then it is a a warning to the younger kids that they might not get a chance when they are older.

This point is so simple & so obvious, I don't understand why people still don't get it.

Dont blame him tbf the club hasn't shown any type of indication that youth will be given a chance over the past few years. Hoping things change a bit this season with Foden, Tosin and Brahim.

I keep reading this sort of "can't blame the lad" stuff and it's frankly drivel.

1. The Academy has only been up and running 3 years
2. It takes time for Pep's coaching methods to take effect
3. There was no-one really good enough coming through in the first couple of years
4. Sancho's 'year' has been widely touted for a long time as the first containing youngsters of sufficient quality to make the eventual transition to the first team, the holy trinity of which have been Diaz, Foden and Sancho himself.
5. The club has already given debuts to Diaz and Foden and made it abundantly clear that Sancho, who remember has only just turned 17, would be getting his chance shortly
6. City have offered this 17 year old £30k a week, an absolutely unprecedented sum for one so young
7. In short the club could not have done more to intimate to Sancho that they considered him an outstanding prospect and that they regarded him as first team material in the making

If Sancho himself believes that his path to the first team is blocked and that he would be better off elsewhere, then that in itself would be depressing enough, but the fact is his path isn't 'blocked' and he is chucking in the towel at just 17 years old. If he was 19 or 20 and he still hadn't played for the first team you could maybe understand it, but 17?!!
The simple truth is that he's a Billy Big B*ll*x, who's had Spurs and Arsenal whispering in his ear for some considerable time and he sees them as a means to returning to London, whilst still milking the accolades for being on the books at a high profile club. The reality is that he won't get in the Spurs first team any quicker than he'd get into City's, and if his return to London was on the basis of his signing for say Fulham or Brentford, where he might (and I stress 'might') get into the first team now, then again I 'might' be able to cut him some slack. However, he won't be knocking on the door at Craven Cottage any time soon, and as things stand he's a badly advised, self indulgent, prat, who has shown complete contempt for our club and the opportunities we have afforded him, and would have continued to afford him, by walking out with his 17 year old nose in the air. Can't blame the lad? I absolutely can and do. Wish him good luck? He can get stuffed

Last edited:
Not signing was a bad decision. He probably knows it. He should have signed and gone on tour. Had things not opened up he could still move on in 12 months time.
Not signing and now not training doesn't look good. I wonder who's advising him?
I think his dad is also his agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.